Taylor Swift

I just don't understand how you can perform like this. I completely understand what it's like to want to manipulate the public eye for marketing purposes. And, I do not condone but cognitively understand how she has, in the past few years, manipulated the media's recent move toward acceptance of: 'thicker' bodies, black culture, #metoo culture, etc.

I've talked about being an artist before on SG, but now I'd like to be more specific. I'm a performer. I am often in the public eye, at least regionally, my body being photographed and my performances being documented. And because of this, I cannot understand why or how she has allowed herself to not only exist in this state for so long when she clearly understands she was more popular when her body showed her dedication, but also tour in this body!

Loving and appreciating your body and all it can do, as well as being capable for touring, is something I absolutely agree with. But she's shown in the past that she understands how to maintain a more admirable appearance. Which leads me to believe she's either decided her 'thicker' body would be more marketable (foolish and mars my view of her as, despite being a narcissist, a shrewd businesswoman), or she's just...given up.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
2A82DA41-9646-4FEB-8507-271C7E026B6F.jpeg

• Sad
  • Gross
  • WTF
Reactions: 8 users
What happened?? I’m seriously asking. I might not be a fan of Taylor but she always seemed so in control. Her weight never fluctuated more than 5-10 pounds and she quickly reigned it in when it did. She gained SO MUCH so fast. There must be a reason. I’ll admit it was fun watching her control slip a little bit but this is just straight up tragic.

• Agree
What happened?? I’m seriously asking. I might not be a fan of Taylor but she always seemed so in control. Her weight never fluctuated more than 5-10 pounds and she quickly reigned it in when it did. She gained SO MUCH so fast. There must be a reason. I’ll admit it was fun watching her control slip a little bit but this is just straight up tragic.
Honestly took the words out my mouth... this is the only time I’ve empathised with her because her entire image (up until the latest album) was constructed around looking classic/elegant, so you just know this has been a difficult transition as much as she’s projecting the body positive vibe.

Also if she were to continue dressing in that retro style now, she would just be the same Taylor but with weight gain; by pushing the empowered/rebellious agenda it’s like she’s saying “this was a conscious decision on my part” as opposed to losing control.

• Agree
Could it have been a conscious or at least semi-conscious decision on her part? It does look like she gained a good amount of muscle, not just fat:

She had also disappeared from social media for quite some time before resurfacing with the weight gain. Could it be recovery from an illness (physical or mental), or even from an eating disorder? It just seems like she changed so much so quickly and there was no explanation for it.

Could it have been a conscious or at least semi-conscious decision on her part? It does look like she gained a good amount of muscle, not just fat:

She had also disappeared from social media for quite some time before resurfacing with the weight gain. Could it be recovery from an illness (physical or mental), or even from an eating disorder? It just seems like she changed so much so quickly and there was no explanation for it.

That dip shadowing on the side of her thigh looks fake to me.

• Agree
  • Sad
Reactions: 3 users

Ick. On the last page, in the heels and boots I thought "and that's in heels, imagine how her legs look in flats". Confirmed, the sneakers make it even worse.

I think it's just incidental muscle from the effort it takes her thighs to hold her ass up

• Funny
I think she’s a beautiful woman overall, and I have faith that she can turn this mess around. :flower: She’s (obviously) not “natural thin,” yet she stayed quite slim for many years, so she knows firsthand how much self-discipline bodily investment takes.

She went from this:

FFF76CCA-A307-4354-BE34-C40733DA0D89.jpeg

4DE6EEFF-E5AE-46E6-ABFA-11DB698C5098.jpeg

To this:

CA7FD614-8FC9-4F79-A870-90DF8756A767.jpeg

70283C74-64FA-4E20-8D22-E1733C7EF457.jpeg

She’s done it before; she can do it again. Sure, she’s getting older and her metabolism has slowed somewhat, but plenty of women transform themselves later in life. Once she’s done going through whatever chaotic lifestyle stuff may have caused this, I can see her making an awesome comeback. She just needs to prioritize thinness, and right now her priorities are elsewhere. Mental health should take precedence, of course, but I hope she eventually refocuses on physicality as well. :yawn:

(That said, if this weight gain is indeed a form of intentional and strategic rebranding on her part, then I mourn the loss of one of the few skinny-ish celeb body inspos. :cry:)

Throwback to when they could still carry her... :/
Honestly, I do feel bad for Taylor because I genuinely love her music (especially at the Red era, it was her prime according to me)

Honestly I'm just waiting for the eating disorder story to come out... it's all three rage these days.

Having said that I've met/interacted with her (not a fucking fan girl meet n greet) back when she was at her slimmest. She is (or was) a genuinely nice person - treated her crew well - but her hips thighs (like mine) were never OMG enviable. Whatever the cause of the weight gain is I hope she's, at least, happy.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users

Didn't she insure her legs? I wonder if there were any contingencies..