Model workout instagram inspo

cloe27

Rookie
Mar 8, 2018
I thought it might be useful to create a thread about this.
Yesterday John Benton's fitness page popped up in my instagram "discover" page, he's a personal trainer based in Texas and according to his bio he is "Specializing in hip and waist reduction" and at the same time the exercises would not increase muscle growth/mass.
The results are quite good and apparently reached in a short amount of time, and I like the fact that he shows the before and after measurements.
Plus he postes videos with ab killer moves, I tried them this morning and I love them.

https://www.instagram.com/john_benton_model_fitness/

Reactions: 1 user
I'm extremely confused about those claims. How do exercises not involve muscle growth? Don't all strength programs, even bodyweight programs, build muscle in some way, unless they're too ineffective to be strenuous (in which case, what's the point)? And isn't diet/not exercising certain parts of the body the only method of reducing inches?

*I may not know what I'm talking about; I'm not a fitness expert by any means. My BS radar just switches on when I see people trying to sell something.

I'm extremely confused about those claims. How do exercises not involve muscle growth? Don't all strength programs, even bodyweight programs, build muscle in some way, unless they're too ineffective to be strenuous (in which case, what's the point)? And isn't diet/not exercising certain parts of the body the only method of reducing inches?

*I may not know what I'm talking about; I'm not a fitness expert by any means. My BS radar just switches on when I see people trying to sell something.

I’m not an expert either, and of course the diet is involved in that too.
Also I think the hip reducing is to kill fat and the muscle will not grow as much as squats and lunges do since the exercises are focused on lengthening the muscle.
But maybe I’m totally wrong...

Oh ok, I haven’t seen it when I searched for it. I have to unlock it. I’m sorry

No worries, just maybe wait until you've gained access to all the areas before making new threads, or just post a status asking if others think making a thread is necessary or if we already have it :)

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
No worries, just maybe wait until you've gained access to all the areas before making new threads, or just post a status asking if others think making a thread is necessary or if we already have it :)
Thanks for the advice I will follow it :)

Reactions: 4 users
Hey!!! Follow insta @captiveseabreeze_fitness tell me what you think.
I'm extremely confused about those claims. How do exercise not involve muscle growth? Don't all strength programs, even bodyweight programs, build muscle in some way, unless they're too ineffective to be strenuous (in which case, what's the point)? And isn't diet/not exercising certain parts of the body the only method of reducing inches?

• Dislike
  • Dumb
  • WTF
Reactions: 10 users
Why in the actual fuck are you quoting my post in your plea for followers? Your reply has nothing to do with anything I said and, in case you hadn't noticed, this forum is explicitly NOT about self-promotion. Figure out what a community is before asking to join and posting spam.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
I really don't get why regular people write like this. I'm sure you just wrote it yourself but all the people like you on instagram commenting on stuff that is barely related to their agenda all read like bots. "Hey there! Visit our feed for more like this!" "How are you doing tonight? Why don't you check out our insta for more content you might like!" :mclap:

• Agree
  • Love
  • Funny
Reactions: 7 users
I hope you did not join this forum just to self-promote your fitness instagram. This is not the place for it, as @scotchandrhinestones said as well. Also, I hope you’re aware of the fact that this thread is visible to non-members, aka everyone on the internet.

• Agree
Reactions: 6 users
To be honest this girl has 3 posts to her credit and joined almost half a year ago, I doubt she will even see or read these

Just another spastic self-promotion message (quoting the same -unrelated- post, twice).
It reminds me, like @bingeonvogue pointed out, those bots on instagrams that write painfully unrelated comments under your photos

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
Blatant and haphazard self-promotion aside, I'm not gooey over the name. Captive sea breeze? Really?

I don't know whether they've been mentioned - I just did an intensive research in the search bar and found nothing - but the YouTube account "Model Workouts" has a lot of workout videos with subpar instagram models, but the workouts themselves are quite good.

Meredith Mickelson is obviously infamous for knowing her angles and catfishing her way onto the runway but the workout is one of my favourites for at-home.

I don't know whether they've been mentioned - I just did an intensive research in the search bar and found nothing - but the YouTube account "Model Workouts" has a lot of workout videos with subpar instagram models, but the workouts themselves are quite good.

Meredith Mickelson is obviously infamous for knowing her angles and catfishing her way onto the runway but the workout is one of my favourites for at-home.

To be fair to her that is a great video! And also the TRX one.

Read the above messages. There is already a thread you can post in.

Read the above messages. There is already a thread you can post in.
Oh my god I just read the post you're referring to. When I was reading this I guess it must have not registered in my mind even though it literally says "model workout pictures/videos", so sorry! Will have to double check next time, thanks!

• Love
Why in the actual fuck are you quoting my post in your plea for followers? Your reply has nothing to do with anything I said and, in case you hadn't noticed, this forum is explicitly NOT about self-promotion. Figure out what a community is before asking to join and posting spam.
You’re right I was excited and shouldn’t have done that.

To be honest this girl has 3 posts to her credit and joined almost half a year ago, I doubt she will even see or read these

Just another spastic self-promotion message (quoting the same -unrelated- post, twice).
It reminds me, like @bingeonvogue pointed out, those bots on instagrams that write painfully unrelated comments under your photos
I’m sorry :(