Gemma Ward

image.jpeg

What are you talking about?
I'm just saying that it's pretty obvious that she's more family oriented and doesn't really care about her career anymore/want to work. She wasn't in good shape pre-baby, I doubt she will be after the pregnancy. But still, I'm happy for her and I hope she has a lovely pregnancy time

I'm just saying that it's pretty obvious that she's more family oriented and doesn't really care about her career anymore/want to work. She wasn't in good shape pre-baby, I doubt she will be after the pregnancy. But still, I'm happy for her and I hope she has a lovely pregnancy time
She needs the money.

She needs the money.

I agree 100%. But also like @marieebo said, it makes no sense to me. If she needs the money, wouldn't she...try a little harder? Lose some more weight, do some skin treatments, bring more energy to the photos, etc.

Maybe I'm wrong and her shelf life is over and her max pay would be the same even if she came back looking like baby Gemma, I don't know. It just feels like she is half-assing it and could maybe earn more if she tried harder.

Reactions: 2 users
I agree 100%. But also like @marieebo said, it makes no sense to me. If she needs the money, wouldn't she...try a little harder? Lose some more weight, do some skin treatments, bring more energy to the photos, etc.

Maybe I'm wrong and her shelf life is over and her max pay would be the same even if she came back looking like baby Gemma, I don't know. It just feels like she is half-assing it and could maybe earn more if she tried harder.

Maybe she could just... get a job. A normal job like everyone else.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm sure some (or perhaps even all) of these have been posted here at one point on SGF, but I randomly came across this Vogue Italia editorial from 2004 and wanted to make a tribute to Gemma and the better times of fashion

79IN82K.jpg

RBBAk71.jpg

TadXizn.jpg

a77PLlT.jpg

qq2dy09.jpg

MCc5j9T.jpg

by Paolo Roversi

• Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 10 users
I'm sure some (or perhaps even all) of these have been posted here at one point on SGF, but I randomly came across this Vogue Italia editorial from 2004 and wanted to make a tribute to Gemma and the better times of fashion

79IN82K.jpg

RBBAk71.jpg

TadXizn.jpg

a77PLlT.jpg

qq2dy09.jpg

MCc5j9T.jpg

by Paolo Roversi
I will always have such a soft spot for Gemma even though I was really young when she was at her prime. I always wish I had grown up when she, Sasha P, etc were at the height of their careers instead of KenGi and the like, those girls had (have) such unique beauty that could never be replaced.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
@Titania I was and I miss the old days and the old models so much. My 'Gigi' of that day was... hmm... Heidi Klum. Let's hope for better days. Every trend has its end.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
@Andie what I would give to not have a fashion industry that revolves around one group nepo girls who are now considered "supermodels" thanks to rich parents and/or plastic surgery...I hope the Instagirl trend will die out soon and with it will come a wave of new, truly talented models :flower:

• Agree
I feel like her nose is different these days. Like it has a slight bump or a droopy point. It is strange because no one would get a nose job to make their nose worse. Maybe she broke it?

I feel like her nose is different these days. Like it has a slight bump or a droopy point. It is strange because no one would get a nose job to make their nose worse. Maybe she broke it?
maybe she gained weight in her nose too

I'm not sure, but I think part of it is the change to the rest of her face with weight gain + pregnancy - fuller cheeks and more fat to fill in around her eyes make her eyes look a bit smaller, and her jaw is wider, so it just musses up the proportions of yesteryear.

More specifically, pregnancy can change your facial structure! Higher estrogen during pregnancy can make a woman's nose grow as it promotes blood flow to mucous membranes like the nose. "swelling it" a bit.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users