Taylor Swift

I saw these photos and instantly thought...did she secretly give birth?!?! Because that's quite a bit of weight in short period of time for a person who has been on the leaner side of the healthy BMI spectrum.

She would've had already written a song about it, though? :popcorn:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
4) Weight gain for a role (Charlize style). but then I'm sure we would KNOW about her being cast in something....
As if she could act. She's acting a lot in her staged "everyday life", Insta pics and music videos but it's always painfully obvious.
I can't imagine her actually being CAST IN A MOVIE?! :faint:

As if she could act. She's acting a lot in her staged "everyday life", Insta pics and music videos but it's always painfully obvious.
I can't imagine her actually being CAST IN A MOVIE?! :faint:

Beyond embarrassed to admit that I know this, but she was in a movie called Valentines Day from 2010 and I've seen it (shitty rom coms are my guilty pleasure). If you want to watch her cringeworthy acting skills...

• Funny
Reactions: 1 users
@nicole120 OMG, I so forgot about her appearance there! Valentine's Day ways actually the last movie I (accidentally - a friend wanted to go to the cinema and I told her the movie doesn't matter as long as I am with her) watched in a normal cinema. It was so meh I promised to myself only to go to arthouse cinemas from that day. And yes, everything about her in that movie was horrible.

• Love
  • Funny
@nicole120 OMG, I so forgot about her appearance there! Valentine's Day ways actually the last movie I (accidentally - a friend wanted to go to the cinema and I told her the movie doesn't matter as long as I am with her) watched in a normal cinema. It was so meh I promised to myself only to go to arthouse cinemas from that day. And yes, everything about her in that movie was horrible.

That's so funny, gosh I haven't seen the movie in years but I just vividly remember CRINGING every time she came on screen. I don't blame you for never going to a normal cinema again if that was the last one you saw... :lol:

• Funny
2) My second reaction when a celeb gains a lot suddenly is rehab (Matthew Perry style, skinny to chub chub)....IDK if this actually applies to Ms. 'I project being squeaky clean until I put up a slightly rough sounding wannabe sassy song' Swift

Interesting, it also matches with the fact she kind of disappeared from the public eye for a time this year... I wonder what happened :cautious:
There's also those rumors that her mom would make her go on diets since she was a kid (because she wanted to turn her into a pop star and would tell her she wouldn't be famous if she would be fat and all that, basically it was all kind of rumors written by her first guitar teacher) tbh I believe those rumors, it makes a lot of sense in my opinion... maybe she was just really sick of keeping her weight?

Interesting, it also matches with the fact she kind of disappeared from the public eye for a time this year... I wonder what happened :cautious:
There's also those rumors that her mom would make her go on diets since she was a kid (because she wanted to turn her into a pop star and would tell her she wouldn't be famous if she would be fat and all that, basically it was all kind of rumors written by her first guitar teacher) tbh I believe those rumors, it makes a lot of sense in my opinion... maybe she was just really sick of keeping her weight?
I didn't know of these rumors - are there others or any support for them?

She did a great job appearing as ~natural thin~ a few years back, and this new weight does not look healthy on her imo. Her bone structure is small - check her wrists and ankles. I loathe Taylor for a myriad of reasons, but my gut feeling is that this gain is a negative reaction to what's happened in the past two years and she is terribly uncomfortable with it, like @vixen said.

• Agree
I didn't know of these rumors - are there others or any support for them?

She did a great job appearing as ~natural thin~ a few years back, and this new weight does not look healthy on her imo. Her bone structure is small - check her wrists and ankles. I loathe Taylor for a myriad of reasons, but my gut feeling is that this gain is a negative reaction to what's happened in the past two years and she is terribly uncomfortable with it, like @vixen said.
I agree, all the baggy shirts and dresses make me think she is incredibly uncomfortable, understandably. I don't think I'd be able to handle getting huge after being skinny all throughout my life up until my mid twenties like her.

2) My second reaction when a celeb gains a lot suddenly is rehab (Matthew Perry style, skinny to chub chub)....IDK if this actually applies to Ms. 'I project being squeaky clean until I put up a slightly rough sounding wannabe sassy song' Swift

This is not at all reliable info, but I'm in a facebook group that's essentially "blind" items from people who know people, and one person said that she was in cocaine for rehab.

Again, probably not true, but it was a possibility I hadn't considered.

This is not at all reliable info, but I'm in a facebook group that's essentially "blind" items from people who know people, and one person said that she was in cocaine for rehab.

Again, probably not true, but it was a possibility I hadn't considered.

I assume you meant in rehab for cocaine? :lol:

• Funny
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
I assume you meant in rehab for cocaine? :lol:

not to reuse this gif (even though i love it), but let's just say this about me:

tumblr_o1bxoxOc5Z1v2ai60o1_400.gif

• Funny
Reactions: 4 users
There's also those rumors that her mom would make her go on diets since she was a kid (because she wanted to turn her into a pop star and would tell her she wouldn't be famous if she would be fat and all that, basically it was all kind of rumors written by her first guitar teacher) tbh I believe those rumors, it makes a lot of sense in my opinion...
I have to admit I also believe these rumors. Thy make sense to me. On the one hand they show AGAIN how fake TS is but on the other hand she's also some kind of victim.

I don't believe she's been in rehab since she always seemed healthy and in a good state of mind. No strange incidence in clubs or whatever happens to others. She also never looked haggard or somehow sickly.

23EE92B3-8F9F-4C1A-8355-C40CA1C16248.jpeg

There I was thinking British Vogue was going to get an overhaul :rolleyes:
At least they did something different with her makeup/hair. Clever styling to make her look slimmer too.

Took a break from my finals essay for some nice schadenfreude...

A brief history of T Swift's Thighs:

6da93598b29047e8171e03ea384b7242.jpg

taylor-swift-black-orchid.jpeg

taylor-swift-works-on-her-fitness-with-her-brother-austin-04.jpg

taylor-swift-rag-and-bone-running-errands-nyc-1__oPt.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

xDaaapm.jpg

PMoyu8j.jpg

5947bf36155d7567014725b096e1f5f0.jpg

1477405705.jpg

:hyper: That is all the reverse inspiration I need. Seeing so-called "fit to fat" photos does it for me.

I just see "I lost control of something in my life" when I look at her weight gain pics. Which is judgmental of me, but sometimes it's what thinness represents even more than what it looks like.

• Sad
  • Agree
Reactions: 5 users
View attachment 19488
There I was thinking British Vogue was going to get an overhaul :rolleyes:
At least they did something different with her makeup/hair. Clever styling to make her look slimmer too.

Uhm, good old Photoshop. Seems they at least used it heavily on her arms. The line between the bottom half of her upper arm and the dress is very blurry compared to the rest. I also don't get if she's standing upright or bent over because it seems like they shopped something away which would belong to her lower body.

Though I never liked her I have to say she's been pretty at her low weight. Now I dislike her face even more than her body. It became so average and bland.

• Agree
I feel like I learned a lot about Demi Lovato, her using, insecurities, her anger, I’d love to get a gist of what’s going on behind the scenes with Taylor.
You think she'd show her authentic self? I doubt it, personally, but I admire your desire to understand her in full rather than accepting a single dimensional persona as all there is. I can't see her or whomever is in charge of her image putting any ugliness and insecurity of hers out in the open unless it's been tempered and dolled up into something "relateable" and consumable.

I feel most things about her are calculated moves and occasional mishaps where the facade falls and we see her pulling strings, like with the Kim K/Kanye "Famous" fiasco. She appears to have staged relationships (although this is not too uncommon). She played the country angel. She played the victim. Now she's trying to play the empowered bad girl.

• Agree
Reactions: 7 users