Kaia Gerber

I’m kind of surprised by all of the hype for her in this thread. She’s thin, sure, but having ‘supermodel’ and ‘to die for’ legs? :confused:

She looks like present-day Poly, who’s twice her age and WELL past her prime (still gorgeous though).

l9ywwaW_d.jpg

She reminds me of what any self-conscious 16-year-old girl living in LA looks like when putting a bit of effort into watching what she eats. She’s definitely skinny, but I don’t think it will last (though I hope it does).

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: 6 users
She looks like present-day Poly, who’s twice her age and WELL past her prime (still gorgeous though).
I absolutely adore her but let's be real, present-day Poly is not as skinny as Kaia – nor would I expect her to be. I agree Natasha is infinitely more inspirational than Kaia in terms of how she lives/her consistency/etc. and personally Kaia's 'look' is not my favorite, but in terms of immediate visualization of "body goals" (ugh) I completely understand why members are into her.

She reminds me of what any self-conscious 16-year-old girl living in LA looks like
Have you seen her proportions? :busted:

• Agree
Reactions: 11 users
I’m kind of surprised by all of the hype for her in this thread. She’s thin, sure, but having ‘supermodel’ and ‘to die for’ legs? :confused:

l9ywwaW_d.jpg

She reminds me of what any self-conscious 16-year-old girl living in LA looks like when putting a bit of effort into watching what she eats. She’s definitely skinny, but I don’t think it will last (though I hope it does).
Disagree that she looks anything like Poly in this pic body-wise. She's far thinner, at least in the legs...but Poly is facially far more beautiful, and was an incredibly talented and versatile model that has lasted in the industry for a long time.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users

l9ywwaW_d.jpg

I get where you're coming from, however I get the appeal with Kaia. I haven't seen anyone as thin as her lately in the "new" models coming out. To me Kaia is just a pretty girl, Natasha on the other hand is beautiful to me. There is that mystique attached to her and same with some of the other models, around her timeframe. There is no mystique associated with Kaia, but then again I'm a little biased it was Natasha, Vlada and others that got me interested in models in the first place. I used to see lots of girls like Kaia (thin, pretty girl) when growing up, etc, but I haven't for a really long time so Kaia makes a refreshing change from the batches of average/chubby young girls and the likes of Gigi and Kendall.

• Agree
I absolutely adore her but let's be real, present-day Poly is not as skinny as Kaia – nor would I expect her to be. I agree Natasha is infinitely more inspirational than Kaia in terms of how she lives/her consistency/etc. and personally Kaia's 'look' is not my favorite, but in terms of immediate visualization of "body goals" (ugh) I completely understand why members are into her.

Have you seen her proportions? :busted:

Disagree that she looks anything like Poly in this pic body-wise. She's far thinner, at least in the legs...but Poly is facially far more beautiful, and was an incredibly talented and versatile model that has lasted in the industry for a long time.

I get where you're coming from, however I get the appeal with Kaia. I haven't seen anyone as thin as her lately in the "new" models coming out. To me Kaia is just a pretty girl, Natasha on the other hand is beautiful to me. There is that mystique attached to her and same with some of the other models, around her timeframe. There is no mystique associated with Kaia, but then again I'm a little biased it was Natasha, Vlada and others that got me interested in models in the first place. I used to see lots of girls like Kaia (thin, pretty girl) when growing up, etc, but I haven't for a really long time so Kaia makes a refreshing change from the batches of average/chubby young girls and the likes of Gigi and Kendall.

Oh don’t get me wrong! She’s really skinny. I was mostly looking at her Insta but can see in runway photos that she’s really quite tiny. I’m a bit biased because a few of my friends (and myself) are around the same size as she is, so it doesn’t seem particularly special to me. As for her proportions, she has amazing long legs, but I’m not a fan of the broadish shoulders.

Also, her weight loss is recent. She’s really shrunk down over the past few months -

April 2017
UgXee7b.jpg

October 2017 (OK, definitely thinner than Poly here)
T4IlUfV.jpg

@classichic I agree. She lacks that something special that make Poly, Vlada, Ana, etc., so amazing to look at. But compared to the types of models currently dominating the fashion industry, she is a breath of fresh air. :luvluv:

As a side note, I think it’s likely that she puts tremendous effort into keeping her weight that low. I don’t think that weight in any way comes easily or naturally for her. I wouldn’t be surprised if she was using stims like Adderall to keep up.

Because of the above and also because she’ll quickly realize that she can easily book jobs even if 15/20 pounds heavier, I don’t think this will last. Even Lily-Rose Depp, my nepo princess who seemed to so skinny without even trying for the longest time, has gone off the deep end these past few months. :cry:

yP85dNc.jpg

T5DToBh.jpg

• Disagree
  • Dislike
Reactions: 4 users
Even Lily-Rose Depp, my nepo princess who seemed to so skinny without even trying for the longest time, has gone off the deep end these past few months. :cry:

T5DToBh.jpg

Do you not remember that we've literally posted about not mentioning Lily's weight gain about 1000 times on her own thread, because she's admitted to having and recovering from anorexia? Getting healthy isn't going off the deep end. Even our bitchiest, most body-critical VIP's have agreed with that.
https://www.skinnygossip.com/community/threads/lily-rose-depp.8394/page-24

• Agree
Reactions: 15 users
Do you not remember that we've literally posted about not mentioning Lily's weight gain about 1000 times on her own thread, because she's admitted to having and recovering from anorexia? Getting healthy isn't going off the deep end. Even our bitchiest, most body-critical VIP's have agreed with that.
https://www.skinnygossip.com/community/threads/lily-rose-depp.8394/page-24

No, obviously not, because I haven’t looked at her thread in months and don’t follow celebrity-related news. Otherwise I wouldn’t have written that.

Edit: I can’t edit my post, but maybe a mod can.

• Dislike
Reactions: 1 user
Edit what...?

That part about Lily-Rose. I didn’t know she was in recovery and commented about her weight gain, which sends the wrong message (I do not take eating disorders lightly and would only ever offer support and encouragement to someone recovering from one).

0E129883-16ED-4182-90D4-B670AD0582E1.jpeg
Don’t get me wrong her body is still amazing but her thighs seem a bit fuller in the past month

• Disagree
  • Sad
  • Dislike
Reactions: 9 users
I think that's hard to tell due to different lightning. And even if it was it would be a very small change.

• Agree
She’s wearing heels in the first pic but not in the second, so obviously her legs will appear less defined there.

• Agree
She’s wearing heels in the first pic but not in the second, so obviously her legs will appear less defined there.
True, I just thought it could be a possibility since she is probably not restricting as much as she perhaps would be around fashion week debut time. But good points!

• Dislike
It seems like she's making pancakes or something ? :eyeroll:
She had a nice body and I truly hope she'll stay away from sweets and carbs...

• Dislike
Reactions: 2 users