saw this on harper's bazaar. black is flattering and granted her lower body is pretty covered, but her waist and upper body look great. website says it was taken late september
AfFRzX0.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
saw this on harper's bazaar. black is flattering and granted her lower body is pretty covered, but her waist and upper body look great. website says it was taken late september
AfFRzX0.jpg

I do think she looks good here; however, her worst feature has always been her legs imo just because of the way they’re shaped. I’ll be truly surprised/impressed if her legs look good.

Looks like she gained even more ?! The VS show is so close, unbelievable

Attachments

• A3CA7913-6998-4003-9752-24FC89B9B6F7.jpeg
    A3CA7913-6998-4003-9752-24FC89B9B6F7.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Gross
Reactions: 1 users
...Is there that big of a difference between millionaires and billionaires? Honestly asking.

So how much do you think the girls' modelling affects family finances?
Billionaires are RICH RICH. Millionaires are rich... could easily blow it all. Wealth is fleeting unless you're one of the top wealthiest families in the world.

• Agree
Reactions: 9 users
Billionaires are RICH RICH. Millionaires are rich... could easily blow it all. Wealth is fleeting unless you're one of the top wealthiest families in the world.
Having trouble wrapping my head around the concept of "he's not that rich, he's only a millionaire." I'll be more open in the money thread just created, but this is a fascinating subject to me.

...Is there that big of a difference between millionaires and billionaires? Honestly asking.

So how much do you think the girls' modelling affects family finances?

huge. millionaires can maybe buy a modest home in a major US city. they have no financial clout whatsoever. the tides begin to turn at a net worth over $10mil, but even that is not "influential" in terms of wealth. there is a HUGE gulf.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: 4 users
I remember an interview (from a couple years ago) where Gigi was showing what make up she had in her bag and she had plenty of cheap drugstore items and only had one expensive thing, that she said she stole from her mom cause she would never spend 'so much in one make up item'.
I think her mom really raised her in the 'savy' mentality, as in Holland, Yolanda was very poor and well we all know how she made her hard earned money :whistling:
I doubt they are in the billionaire range.

I remember an interview (from a couple years ago) where Gigi was showing what make up she had in her bag and she had plenty of cheap drugstore items and only had one expensive thing, that she said she stole from her mom cause she would never spend 'so much in one make up item'.
I think her mom really raised her in the 'savy' mentality, as in Holland, Yolanda was very poor and well we all know how she made her hard earned money :whistling:
I doubt they are in the billionaire range.
At the same time, I read a Purseblog post on her and she has worn lots of luxury bags over the years, going back to her early teen years. Her personal collection from her house in Malibu includes Givenchy, Celine, Chanel etc. (though I'm not saying they are billionaires by any means)
I feel like the "I would never spend so much one one makeup item" attitude can be a bit of an act to seem more relatable to a teen audience, similar to the "junk food lover" personality these girls put on for interviews.

• Agree
Okay sorry this is a little OT of the current conversation but I found this comparison of Bella in Nov 2016 (one year ago) and July 2017 like obviously we know she's gained but like... how is she a spokesperson for Nike??? An athletic brand???
IMG_1683.jpg
IMG_1684.jpg

She's gained more since July too. If I cared enough I would make my own more recent comparison. Can't wait to see her flab jiggle all over the VS runway !

• Useful
  • Gross
  • Agree
Reactions: 3 users
huge. millionaires can maybe buy a modest home in a major US city. they have no financial clout whatsoever. the tides begin to turn at a net worth over $10mil, but even that is not "influential" in terms of wealth. there is a HUGE gulf.
A billionaire can buy an island, can have a private jet, a yacht, and extremely fine works of art in their homes and/or aforementioned yacht (warhols, basquiat, picassos, etc.) Billionaires, or those around $500 million plus are who we think of when the term "super rich" is thrown around. A net worth of 1-5 million USD is no laughing matter in any way, but in NYC or LA (or london, hong kong, zurich, etc.) is enough to own (not mortgage) a 2-3 bedroom home, have a car or two, and that's about it. It's genuinely scary how expensive homes have become--I see ads for sales for condos in NYC that are barely pushing 1000 SQF for 1 million +

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: 7 users
Okay sorry this is a little OT of the current conversation but I found this comparison of Bella in Nov 2016 (one year ago) and July 2017 like obviously we know she's gained but like... how is she a spokesperson for Nike??? An athletic brand??? View attachment 18813View attachment 18814
She's gained more since July too. If I cared enough I would make my own more recent comparison. Can't wait to see her flab jiggle all over the VS runway !
This is a really great photo for comparison; shows about a 15 lb gain IMO-- also interesting how she self-tans more now than she did then, probably to hide some of the weight gain

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Okay sorry this is a little OT of the current conversation but I found this comparison of Bella in Nov 2016 (one year ago) and July 2017 like obviously we know she's gained but like... how is she a spokesperson for Nike??? An athletic brand??? View attachment 18813View attachment 18814

I can't get over how different her jawline is.. Her face has disappeared in to doughiness.

This is always the best thinspo for me. My weight goes right to my face, and I do not want jowls or a blubberface.

• Agree
A billionaire can buy an island, can have a private jet, a yacht, and extremely fine works of art in their homes and/or aforementioned yacht (warhols, basquiat, picassos, etc.) Billionaires, or those around $500 million plus are who we think of when the term "super rich" is thrown around. A net worth of 1-5 million USD is no laughing matter in any way, but in NYC or LA (or london, hong kong, zurich, etc.) is enough to own (not mortgage) a 2-3 bedroom home, have a car or two, and that's about it. It's genuinely scary how expensive homes have become--I see ads for sales for condos in NYC that are barely pushing 1000 SQF for 1 million +

San Francisco is also terrible:

https://sf.curbed.com/2015/3/26/997...ists-for-799k-sells-for-1-21m-in-outer-sunset

http://fortune.com/2015/09/25/san-francisco-cheapest-home/

It's crazy because a lot of people from there with a net worth around 1mil would struggle to finance a lifestyle that includes a decent home, private school, vacations, and other things that we typically associate with the upper middle class. Sorry to derail, I'm kind of obsessed with SF/NYC real estate.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
My current apartment was put on the market by my landlord for $2million. It's only one bedroom. Its a really big bedroom to be fair, but still a crazy amount. In Dumbo, Brooklyn. I agree with @espressoenthusiast if you have a few million, it can be blown away quick.