Met Gala 2017

Just saw this interpretation of the met gala. Like... is this how pedestrians see it? The gowns this year are so tame!

I've seen that too, and I think it's meant to be a commentary on the lavish wealth of the whole affair. What's funny is that most of the people who identify with that gif are also the ones eagerly tuning into spectacles like the Oscars every year -- it's just that the Oscars are thought of as more "accessible" because they're about movies :eyeroll:

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Aaaand from the front. Thoughts?
IMG_6169.JPG
IMG_6170.JPG

• Gross
Reactions: 2 users
Still too boxy for someone with her shape, imo. The dress itself is nothing special to me, it's bland and boring.
Her stylist could easily have found something more flattering. Her shoulders are so broad and her hips so narrow that the dress just makes her look rectangular.

But at least she hasn't gone under the knife for grossly obtuse hip & ass combo like the rest of them... yet.

bcf9e14e-2ecf-11e7-8928-05b245c57f03_1280x720_160456.jpg

BN-TF739_gala33_FR_20170501195228.jpg

I love Grace!

I love Gracie too, but I wish they chose a different look for her. I get it - weird, edgy, different, but she is so gorgeous w/ such range that she could have pulled off something much higher fashion and classier. JMO.

• Agree
  • Disagree
Reactions: 5 users
I love Gracie too, but I wish they chose a different look for her. I get it - weird, edgy, different, but she is so gorgeous w/ such range that she could have pulled off something much higher fashion and classier. JMO.

She kind of looks like an illuminati reject, tbh. Which is a shame, because she's just so goddamn beautiful.

• Funny
Still too boxy for someone with her shape, imo. The dress itself is nothing special to me, it's bland and boring.
Her stylist could easily have found something more flattering. Her shoulders are so broad and her hips so narrow that the dress just makes her look rectangular.

But at least she hasn't gone under the knife for grossly obtuse hip & ass combo like the rest of them... yet.

Apparently her new stylist is Marni Senofonte AKA Beyonce's old stylist.

She kind of looks like an illuminati reject, tbh. Which is a shame, because she's just so goddamn beautiful.

I keep thinking woman Darth Maul/Senate member from Star Wars. And I've never seen Star Wars so idk what that means.

I personally loved Gracie's look, especially when compared to a bunch of other models, who just opted to wear something "pretty" and basic (candice, taylor hill, behati, kendull, etc.) I thought Gracie's look was also better than models who did more daring looks like Cara and Liu Wen.Anna Cleveland's look was really cool, though

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
These bathroom selfies from the night were really the most desperate and most disgusting things I have seen in 2017. :facepalm::superpuke:

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Ujexkk7.jpg

It's really disrespectful... I get the frustration of the donors.
I wonder why couldn't they just smoke outside? I mean, it's so rare for it to be "ok" to smoke in the bathroom

• Agree
Ujexkk7.jpg

It's really disrespectful... I get the frustration of the donors.
I wonder why couldn't they just smoke outside? I mean, it's so rare for it to be "ok" to smoke in the bathroom
Honestly, I think it's because those partaking in the disrespectful behaviour are an entitled bunch who seem too self absorbed/daft to even consider that their actions are wrong. They just don't care.

The museum is a smoke free zone because art can be easily damaged from it, and for guests to smoke in the building while invited to view a collection is just incredibly disrespectful to the collection itself, the museum, the other guests and mostly Rei. It makes me so sad.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users