Taylor Swift

"TAYLOR SWIFT NOT ‘PACKING ON THE POUNDS’ — STILL HITTING THE GYM" http://www.inquisitr.com/3879253/ta...on-the-pounds-still-hitting-the-gym-in-style/

Suuuree:jackoff:
I think that article is just plain irony but the author didn't dare to write it truthfully. You have to read it like this: "Taylor Swift is certainly ____ “packing on the pounds.” If you’re one of those fans who follows the singer closely, you will see that she is not in tip-top shape. [...]"

Taylor . . .
UGH. She's one of those people that I bash, and then feel bad about bashing.

Do I like her current body? No. Am I a fan of her music? Nahhhh . . . no really my cup of tea. Do I think she's WAY over-rated? Absolutely!

But dude, sometimes I just want to smack myself, because I need to give her credit where credit is due, and regardless of whether or not she reads this forum, sometimes I look back on my comments and feel like a dick, so this is probably going to be the last think that I post to this thread:

She looked GREAT when she was skinny. She was pretty, and while I wouldn't add her to the ethereal realm of Vlada, or Sasha P. or Sasha L., or any of my other favourite skinnies, she definitely looked pretty wonderful. She's somehow appealed to most of N. America (possibly the WORLD?), she knows how to market herself, so I can't take that from her. People like her, she seems to like "common" -- and although sometimes I'm certain it's for publicity, there's that part of me that wants to believe that she has good/pure intentions at times (preferably ALL the time, but . . . ).

Sorry for the tangent. I was looking at pictures of her, from back when I admired her discipline, and somehowww I got this soft spot that I felt the need to publicly disclose. If you disagree, I 10000% understand, obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And lastly, let me end by saying that I'd REALLY love to see her as a skinny again.

Last edited:
Taylor . . .

Do I like her current body? No. Am I a fan of her music? Nahhhh . . . no really my cup of tea. Do I think she's WAY over-rated? Absolutely!

But dude, sometimes I just want to smack myself, because I need to give her credit where credit is due, and regardless of whether or not she reads this forum, sometimes I look back on my comments and feel like a dick, so this is probably going to be the last think that I post to this thread:

She looked GREAT when she was skinny. She was pretty, and while I wouldn't add her to the ethereal realm of Vlada, or Sasha P. or Sasha L., or any of my other favourite skinnies, she definitely looked pretty wonderful. She's somehow appealed to most of N. America (possibly the WORLD?), she knows how to market herself, so I can't take that from her. People like her, she seems to like "common" -- and although sometimes I'm certain it's for publicity, there's that part of me that wants to believe that she has good/pure intentions at times (preferably ALL the time, but . . . ).

Sorry for the tangent. I was looking at pictures of her, from back when I admired her discipline, and somehowww I got this soft spot that I felt the need to publicly disclose. If you disagree, I 10000% understand, obviously everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

And lastly, let me end by saying that I'd REALLY love to see her as a skinny again.

...have a little too much caffeine there, doll? ;)

I also find the cultivation of persona in celebrity culture fascinating, but I think the carefully constructed image of TS is floundering lately. Too many directions, none of which feel remotely authentic (especially when taken in combination).

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Taylor . . .

I feel as though I could have written this on a day I took adderall :grin: I do see where you're coming from!

I personally did value and, to an extent, admire her body at her thinnest. However it's her clear manipulative nature and lack of authenticity that make it so gratifying to watch her fall.

She began her journey from a small town around where I grew up in Pennsylvania, in a wealthy family (which is not inherently a discredit to her talent!), noticed a gap she could fill in the country music industry (arguably easier to infiltrate than pop music) and then, once established, transitioned to the pop genre, hired a new publicist/stylist (correct me if I'm wrong), and began her rise to the top.

She's an astute business woman but she's also systematically taken advantage of numerous women and men and I'm not sure if I resent her for this out of internalized misogyny, or because of the inauthentic nature of her persona and actions. Perhaps I'm just jealous I didn't do it myself?

I love to see bodies thin out to their skinny girl potential, but I also find it incredibly satisfying to watch those who are not genuine "get theirs" if that makes sense.

I'm also not certain she necessarily had her breasts done, but I've got very little experience with recognizing implants. I remember several photos of her in her late teens where she was slender, parts of her even angular, but she was busty. I would post a photo but I'm on mobile. Maybe her higher weight has contributed to pre-existing "boobiness"? Or maybe I'm just not skilled at recognizing surgery.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
I'm also not certain she necessarily had her breasts done, but I've got very little experience with recognizing implants. I remember several photos of her in her late teens where she was slender, parts of her even angular, but she was busty. I would post a photo but I'm on mobile. Maybe her higher weight has contributed to pre-existing "boobiness"? Or maybe I'm just not skilled at recognizing surgery.

This one? Padded bra probably. Then again I don't feel comfortable studying the bust of a teenage girl so I definitely didn't do much in terms of investigating!

Attachments

• TSwift.jpg
    TSwift.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 219
Uhhh...is it just me or do some of these pictures come across as weirdly sexual :wtf:

njafmXz.png

wzKeSQ5.jpg

fscRhQo.jpg

They are super sexual, which is in part why she has always annoyed me so much; She was pretending to be a "good (chaste), Christian, country girl", while we all know she was pop (always sexual) with a slight twang- which is fine! However, mention anything related to sex in interviews and she'd flip out. http://www.shineon-media.com/2009/03/16/taylor-swift-im-going-to-prevent-people-picturing-me-naked/ It doesn't seem like she's doing that much anymore, however, she's still on the whole "I hate drama!" kick while being the biggest drama queen out there. She's great at stirring up publicity and these tactics definitely get attention, but I've always found her to be really annoying and two-faced. Maybe this isn't who she really is, but her image sucks.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
They are super sexual, which is in part why she has always annoyed me so much; She was pretending to be a "good (chaste), Christian, country girl", while we all know she was pop (always sexual) with a slight twang- which is fine! However, mention anything related to sex in interviews and she'd flip out. http://www.shineon-media.com/2009/03/16/taylor-swift-im-going-to-prevent-people-picturing-me-naked/ It doesn't seem like she's doing that much anymore, however, she's still on the whole "I hate drama!" kick while being the biggest drama queen out there. She's great at stirring up publicity and these tactics definitely get attention, but I've always found her to be really annoying and two-faced. Maybe this isn't who she really is, but her image sucks.
I kind of disagree. Seems to me like any other teenage girl trying to look sexual. I don't actually think they're super sexual tbh.

• Agree
Reactions: 3 users
@Natalie

I'd assume the video was shot at least three weeks ago, counting in post production and everything. And we know how she's been looking lately, so I wouldn't trust my eyes here.

Also, the song annoyed the hell out of me.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user