you seem like you care way too much about the Kardashians and Hadids. I know it's very popular to hate on them but this is like above and beyond.
I just get bothered by plastic surgery when people are like 19. And I'm bombarded by their presence on my FB and Instagram and every news outlet so yeah it makes sense to get tilted. You could say that everyone on this thread cares about them way too much - by keeping up to date on all their pics, and posting them just to generate hate. I don't care enough about them to go googling all their pics all the time and making sure I'm up to date on their bodies - just when I see their faces I have opinions. I'll delete the post if it makes you feel better.
Sorry for that post offending you in any way :) Hope you have a nice one ;)

Reactions: 2 users
If you need to look happy or laugh, focus your thoughts on something funny or happy so it looks (or just is) real. For instance, I recently saw a chubby person fall while *inside* of a very busy revolving door, I'll recall a hilarious moment like that if am super pissed from traffic or something and need to just really get there. Models are emotional laborers. That's why I have respect for VS girls--they do a lot of it.

I'm fucking dying I was expecting to read that you think something nice about your family or significant other or something and it's a chub falling in a revolving door :lol: you lit up my day babe

Reactions: 1 user
you seem like you care way too much about the Kardashians and Hadids. I know it's very popular to hate on them but this is like above and beyond.
I mean I do understand what you're saying and kinda agree, but those girls are literally in our faces 24/7, I never purposely search for candids or informations about Gigi or Kendall Jenner yet they're all over my instagram feed or on my favorites site. I'm sure people would tolerate them a little better if they weren't as overexposed as they are

I mean I do understand what you're saying and kinda agree, but those girls are literally in our faces 24/7, I never purposely search for candids or informations about Gigi or Kendall Jenner yet they're all over my instagram feed or on my favorites site. I'm sure people would tolerate them a little better if they weren't as overexposed as they are

the whole rant about lip injections was unnecessary. It doesn't ruin your lips. Even fillers (restalyne, juvaderm- which are made of natural sugars & absorbed into the soft tissue) wear off within 6-12 months. If anything studies have shown that these injections might enhance collagen production-though I'm skeptical about this claim. Fat transfer is recommended based on the doctor (some prefer it, some don't) though if you pay good money for it, there should be no problems as we're pretty good at surgery now.

And since when do models have to be natural? Not to be harsh here but some people just look way better with plastic surgery/"getting work done".

the whole rant about lip injections was unnecessary. It doesn't ruin your lips. Even fillers (restalyne, juvaderm- which are made of natural sugars & absorbed into the soft tissue) wear off within 6-12 months. If anything studies have shown that these injections might enhance collagen production-though I'm skeptical about this claim. Fat transfer is recommended based on the doctor (some prefer it, some don't) though if you pay good money for it, there should be no problems as we're pretty good at surgery now.

And since when do models have to be natural? Not to be harsh here but some people just look way better with plastic surgery/"getting work done".
^ I agree with you on the first part. But I personally think that it's important for a model to have a natural look/fresh face and getting botox and fillers at a young age kinda kills that.

Bella for Vogue Turkey:
Bella-Hadid-Vogue-Turkey-May-2016-Cover-Photoshoot09.jpg

Bella-Hadid-Vogue-Turkey-May-2016-Cover-Photoshoot02.jpg

Vogue-Turkey-May-2016-Bella-Hadid-by-Sebastian-Faena-04.jpg

Bella-Hadid-Vogue-Turkey-May-2016-Cover-Photoshoot01.jpg

This was interesting to read. I have zero knowledge about this so please do say more.

Side note: I don't think models should *be* natural but I think it's still pretty important to *look* natural. There's a difference between looking like a more enhanced version of yourself vs some botched up plastic surgery case, which Bella is rapidly progressing towards [eg Megan Fox- most people (myself included) thought she looked better with the first few surgeries, but there was definitely a time where she went way overboard and it made her look WORSE]. When your face is your livelihood, you shouldn't be playing with fire like that.

Reactions: 3 users

historically, what is valuable, is what is rare--not what is bought....

Reactions: 9 users
Not to say I like Kendall, but I at least think she isn't hideous. I'm sure I've said it before, but both Hadid sisters are just so unattractive it blows my mind they can get away with modeling, even with the connections they unfortunately have. I mean, not that models have to be conventionally attractive or anything, but there is nothing redeeming or interesting about their faces either. They just look plain bad IMO. Maybe I'm being too harsh and I know modeling isn't 100% looks, but looks are still very significant and it's not like they're great models to even begin to compensate for what their appearances lack. Sorry for being so spicy today...I'm normally not like this. :whistling: I'm just so sick of people being like "oh she doesn't look so bad in this photo!" I found myself doing that too occasionally. But that's really not the point. No one needs to justify their careers...it's money and connections and that's that. A handful of okay photos does not counteract how awful they look most of the time and how nauseating they are. It is what it is though, and it's annoying but not worth getting worked up about (I tell myself as I get worked up about it). :rolleyes: I know they're shoved in our faces all the time, but I think it's best to just ignore them in most cases rather than pay attention to them...though I do think the twitter thing was great haha.

Reactions: 2 users
image.jpeg
Supermodels? Hmm more like average woman with wealthy famous parents. Oh my frustration yet envy, I wish I had connections like this.

Reactions: 1 users
historically, what is valuable, is what is rare--not what is bought....

not when it comes to beauty IMO. Almost every culture has a tradition of modification for beauty. Everyone has always been trying to attain beauty through whatever means they can. Almost every Western culture firmly believes in braces for straighter teeth, the Kayan people of Myanmar add golden rings to their necks to elongate them, Chinese people (and other Central Asia people) used to believe in foot binding, there's corsets for Victorian women, the gauging of lips has appeared in both African and South American indigenous people (the Kayapo and Mursi people I know off hand). Beauty has been bought for centuries.
CorsettedWaist.jpg
Dragon Woman.jpg
NeckRingXray.jpg

X-Ray of the elongated necks
MursiLip Plates.jpg

A tradition Mursi Woman
FootBindingXray.jpe

Foot binding x-ray

Reactions: 1 users
not when it comes to beauty IMO. Almost every culture has a tradition of modification for beauty. Everyone has always been trying to attain beauty through whatever means they can. Almost every Western culture firmly believes in braces for straighter teeth, the Kayan people of Myanmar add golden rings to their necks to elongate them, Chinese people (and other Central Asia people) used to believe in foot binding, there's corsets for Victorian women, the gauging of lips has appeared in both African and South American indigenous people (the Kayapo and Mursi people I know off hand). Beauty has been bought for centuries.
View attachment 11688 View attachment 11689 View attachment 11690
X-Ray of the elongated necks
View attachment 11691
A tradition Mursi Woman
View attachment 11692
Foot binding x-ray
not to be a bitch, but by that line of logic someone with 'more work' is beautiful....we still believe those that have straight teeth, small waists, and big lips naturally are more beautiful than those who are not. Is this stupid? Possibly, but it's important. It also reminds us that while people like gigi and bella can pay as much as they want for a better face, its nowhere near as mesmerizing as the real deal. Feel free to disagree with me--you'll just be wrong ;)

Reactions: 7 users

Your logic is flawed in the fact that a lot of the modifications you've brought up are only popular because people are striving to achieve desirable traits which, generally speaking, only a minority of others have naturally. As @espressoenthusiast so eloquently stated, 'what is valuable, is what is rare, not what is bought'. Sure, you can modify yourself to attain certain standards of beauty, and I by no means condemn that, I'm all in favour of doing what you wish with your body to make yourself happy, however, it's silly to think that a bought beauty will be regarded with the same admiration as a natural beauty, which is precisely why these celebrities are never completely candid and open about the work they've had done, they know it degrades the value and rarity of their looks.

With regard to models, fashion is aspirational and fantastical, I would far rather see a girl and think 'wow, what ethereal beauty, what stunning bone structure, what an incredible combination of genes' than 'wow, what ethereal beauty, someone has clearly spent a lot of money to pay someone to create that face and I could just as easily do the same'.

Reactions: 9 users
In regard to Bella...she got surgery at what? 14/15 years old? We all think she looks better now because the only 'before' pics we have of her are the ones were she was in that awkward teen stage. She could've grown into her looks and her nose might've ended up looking interesting on her and set her apart from others. I've talked before about wanting a nosejob but it's honestly so sad to see everyone erasing their own features just because they don't fit a certain beauty standard or to follow ''trends'' like lip fillers just because everyone is getting them. We're all going to end up like clones

Reactions: 5 users