Selena Gomez

I know her and Justin Bieber are no longer in a relationship but I feel like there is always speculation one of their songs is about the other and blahblahblah and he's insanely popular right now (i'm ashamed to admit i loved his new album) so I wonder if his current success is related to her growing popularity despite not really having any huge hit songs or acting roles recently

Reactions: 1 user
I know her and Justin Bieber are no longer in a relationship but I feel like there is always speculation one of their songs is about the other and blahblahblah and he's insanely popular right now (i'm ashamed to admit i loved his new album) so I wonder if his current success is related to her growing popularity despite not really having any huge hit songs or acting roles recently
Trading virginities in 2011 will probably be the best PR move of their entire careers.

Reactions: 5 users
I blame social media. No mystery. No intrigue.
:nod:

Completely agree, but outside of that, Selena doesn't even feel like a very intriguing person. Usually, social media stars are girls with consistent aesthetics that capture a current trend; they're like brand ambassadors to their own style and attitude. What's her trend / aesthetic / style? She doesn't have any kind of signature, like Taylor Swift's 'good girl' style and crop-top two-pieces, Kylie Jenner's makeup and hair, Kendall and Gigi's street style, Cara Delevingne's 'quirky humor' and quirkier edgy style, Alexa Chung's 'fashionable groupie' / 'old lady clothes but hip and British' look. I can't think of any way to describe Selena's style and look because I feel like she doesn't really have one. I can see how people like Kylie and Cara can become Instagram famous, but honestly not Selena.

Is it just Justin Bieber's influence, really?

Reactions: 5 users
:nod:

Usually, social media stars are girls with consistent aesthetics that capture a current trend; they're like brand ambassadors to their own style and attitude. What's her trend / aesthetic / style? She doesn't have any kind of signature, like Taylor Swift's 'good girl' style and crop-top two-pieces, Kylie Jenner's makeup and hair, Kendall and Gigi's street style, Cara Delevingne's 'quirky humor' and quirkier edgy style, Alexa Chung's 'fashionable groupie' / 'old lady clothes but hip and British' look. I can't think of any way to describe Selena's style and look because I feel like she doesn't really have one.

Maybe that's just it - the fact that she doesn't have a distinctive style means she's not polarising and appeals to a broader market. She may not have the die-hard fans like Kylie or Bieber (I can't imagine Selena attracting the same mass hysteria at a public appearance the way these guys do) but a lot of people like her just enough to follow her on Instagram.

Reactions: 1 users
I don't have too much of an issue with her face but I really did not like how she looked at the Grammys this year.
Selena-Gomez-Taylor-Swift-Grammys-2016.jpg

She looks old imo

I don't have too much of an issue with her face but I really did not like how she looked at the Grammys this year.
Selena-Gomez-Taylor-Swift-Grammys-2016.jpg

She looks old imo

I don't think this is that bad! At least she's wearing clothes that fit. No fat rolls trying to escape, not trying to hide under a muumuu...body isn't SG but she sorta just looks like she's average.

Looking at her mom, my guess is that Selena has to fight to keep a shape where she can still locate her waist. She is basically destined to have her metabolism come to a screeching halt at age 20.

selena-gomez-mandy-teefey-kris-jenner-lead1.jpg

I don't think this is that bad! At least she's wearing clothes that fit. No fat rolls trying to escape, not trying to hide under a muumuu...body isn't SG but she sorta just looks like she's average.

Looking at her mom, my guess is that Selena has to fight to keep a shape where she can still locate her waist. She is basically destined to have her metabolism come to a screeching halt at age 20.

selena-gomez-mandy-teefey-kris-jenner-lead1.jpg
I'm 17 and I'm really close to losing my metabolism... I'm so scared!

I'm 17 and I'm really close to losing my metabolism... I'm so scared!
Literally all that means is that your body doesn't need as much food to function because you're not growing anymore. Learn to listen to when you're full and when you're hungry - the biggest problem in my opinion is that people grow up with eating habits and they just do them on autopilot. They gain weight because they're used to eating a certain portion or a certain amount of calories. (Also, my freshman 15 can be traced back to college buffet-style dining halls and drinking more than usual).

Compare: my mother eats the same amount and the same kinds of foods she did when she was 20. She's fat. My fiance's mom is skinny, and there are days where she just doesn't eat, or only drinks juice, because she's so in tune with her body. She eats very light, because she feels icky when she doesn't. Doesn't diet to my knowledge, doesn't count calories, but always talking about how certain foods make her body feel.

Reactions: 9 users
Compare: my mother eats the same amount and the same kinds of foods she did when she was 20. She's fat. My fiance's mom is skinny, and there are days where she just doesn't eat, or only drinks juice, because she's so in tune with her body.
Aside from the fact that she was likely more active (with a *slightly* better metabolism) when she was 20, it takes TIME to gain weight. So if she's eating at a surplus, of course she's going to weigh more at age 40 than age 30. That's not her metabolism shutting down on her, that's the consequence of time and a calorie surplus.

:lol:

No fair, medical professionals taking my hyperboles literally!
Couldn't help it. :p

Reactions: 1 user
Literally all that means is that your body doesn't need as much food to function because you're not growing anymore. Learn to listen to when you're full and when you're hungry - the biggest problem in my opinion is that people grow up with eating habits and they just do them on autopilot. They gain weight because they're used to eating a certain portion or a certain amount of calories. (Also, my freshman 15 can be traced back to college buffet-style dining halls and drinking more than usual).

Compare: my mother eats the same amount and the same kinds of foods she did when she was 20. She's fat. My fiance's mom is skinny, and there are days where she just doesn't eat, or only drinks juice, because she's so in tune with her body. She eats very light, because she feels icky when she doesn't. Doesn't diet to my knowledge, doesn't count calories, but always talking about how certain foods make her body feel.
Thanks :) it's good to have experienced members here:flower: