"Cruising With Gemma"
Ben Toms - Photographer
Robbie Spencer - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Tomo Jidai - Hair Stylist
Fulvia Farolfi - Makeup Artist
Gemma Ward - Model

mdc

Reactions: 1 user
More news - an advertising gig for Jaguar.

504a07fd28c036da16988f96ee1144d7

df1ecd3a8ccc803cca97f5b766945ba3

17b9212b1ff9b8db61ba7b4cbaa6a4a6

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/a-...t/news-story/d3fdb6cae980b09f96afdb9b957b57ef

I feel like she's just spinning the wheels.. pottering along, doing easy jobs that come her way based upon ye olde hype from her big fashion days, and making what money comes.

I agree. She's not relevant anymore, I don't see her ever making a true comeback.

I feel like she's just spinning the wheels.. pottering along, doing easy jobs that come her way based upon ye olde hype from her big fashion days, and making what money comes.

She's doing whatever jobs pay the best.
When you think about it, how else will her and her husband fund their lives? Gemma has no education beyond 16, unsure about her partner, neither seemingly have any other work experience besides modelling (and acting and her 'Art')....their options are extraordinarily limited.

Via TFS, of course...

V Magazine, Winter 2015
"Cruising With Gemma"
Ben Toms - Photographer
Robbie Spencer - Fashion Editor/Stylist
Tomo Jidai - Hair Stylist
Fulvia Farolfi - Makeup Artist
Gemma Ward - Model

mdc
Her body's not great, but my very untrained eye still really likes these.

She's lost a little weight (...or been well-photoshopped...) and she's still beautiful even when average.

Her body's not great, but my very untrained eye still really likes these.

She's lost a little weight (...or been well-photoshopped...) and she's still beautiful even when average.

I really think that she looks a lot more than her younger self in the pictures from V-Magazine posted above (and I kind of like them, too). It could be due to a lot of photoshopping, of course.

As for the Jaguar ad, I'd like to see the video before judging. She looks very boring and "mommy-like" in the captions, but maybe it isn't that bad in motion.

She'll never be the young, otherworldly beautiful alien again. She looks much too irreversibly worn-out for that. BUT I won't blame her for doing these jobs - if I was her, I'd do it too. If the companies hiring her think that she does a good job and/or attracts enough customers, then that's what counts.
She still towers above today's overused "models" like Gigi, Kendall or Bella. At least she had the looks and the talent at one point in her life and has earned some respect.

Reactions: 3 users
When you think about it, how else will her and her husband fund their lives? Gemma has no education beyond 16, unsure about her partner, neither seemingly have any other work experience besides modelling (and acting and her 'Art')....their options are extraordinarily limited.

Nah, not really - I think many can only dream of her options she still has left.

However I doubt that Gemma herself has the urge to scroll down her contact list to call someone to hire her for a big campaign.

She was and will always be a 'born model', but she clearly wasn't born for this industry.
She seems fine with smaller brands and less jobs, and that being said: these jobs still earn her a lot of money compared to 99% of mankind.

Reactions: 1 users

I'd be astonished if she were able to make money from her paintings; there's many far better celebrity artists out there.

OT, but Val Kilmer has a pretty cool selection of artwork:
http://valkilmerart.bigcartel.com/

Vogue Australia January 2016 by Lachlan Bailey

f1e64fc2e295a1fdcfe4a940299ff670_zpsrxropuq1.jpeg

tfs

All I can look at are her arms. :hibye:

She seems fine with smaller brands and less jobs, and that being said: these jobs still earn her a lot of money compared to 99% of mankind.
I really wouldn't call Jaguar a "small brand".
It's also hard to say what she's being paid. For all we know, she might be compensated extremely well for this job.

If you're no longer going for the prestige... why work yourself to death?

Her arms (and the cover in general) look a helluva lot better than I'd expected, actually. The angle on that thigh however is less than flattering, but overall I'm very glad to see her again and now whatever celebrity is being peddled around the glossies by their agents this month!