Selena Gomez

I didn't say Selena was depressed, I specifically said she just looks like she is. That was all. And, yes it is BS about medicine making you gain weight. If you don't eat all the calories and maintain a healthy lifestyle you aren't going to gain weight. I'll find a sciencedaily article to post.
You suggested her a treatment plan - a treatment plan you had (intensive therapy). Normally a treatment plan is followed by a diagnosis so whilst you didn't say she had depression you indirectly said it/implied it. It's like prescribing someone with anti-depressants without actually being told the patient has depression or he/she saying they have depression or someone giving me a bottle of aspirin yet I didn't say or have a headache. Furthermore, you based that on her looking depressed in those pictures. Depression is diagnosed on a range of symptoms listed by the DSM which include significant weight loss/or weight gain, loss of interest in previously enjoyed activity, loss of sleep or increased sleep, fatigue, etc. I'm pretty sure the symptom does not include "looking depressed in a photo".
I understand the medication is sometimes used as an excuse - and there's no doubt in my mind that it is overused, but the way you said it was dumb, especially given the fact that it's very common knowledge that a lot of anti-depressants can make you gain weight. Just because it did not cause you weight gain does not mean certain medication does not cause weight gain for others. And it was again dumb of you to say "And, yes it is BS about medicine making you gain weight" especially when there are so many variables to consider. Oh so so dumb! :smash:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Omg, why is everyone on this site now-a-days trying to be so politically correct. I didn't give her a treatment plan. I just said it is an excuse when it comes to medicine. You crave stuff more sure, but you don't have to eat it. And I was just thinking about it not stating this is the truth and only truth. Then you two freak out. Mannn chill out.

Reactions: 1 user
Omg, why is everyone on this site now-a-days trying to be so politically correct. I didn't give her a treatment plan. I just said it is an excuse when it comes to medicine. You crave stuff more sure, but you don't have to eat it. And I was just thinking about it not stating this is the truth and only truth. Then you two freak out. Mannn chill out.
Seriously, which part of "some drugs can make changes to hormone balance" and "some drugs can change metabolism" did you not understand? It's not as simple as not eating what you crave, it was explained to you like 4 times already and it was done so in the most polite way (not as you put it "freaking out"). Maybe that's the problem, so let's me put it in different words: stop spreading bullshit science, your lack of symptoms doesn't prove they don't exist and by claiming so you come off as complete ignorant idiot.

We here are everything BUT politically correct, we are just very anti bullshit and anti pseudoscience. It's not like we are saying that poor fat people have reasons to be fat - on the contrary, it was pointed at least once that shifts in weight can be minor, nevertheless, it's confirmed side effect of certain drugs. Didn't happen to you? Great.

In the future if you really want to say that "people might use drugs as excuse to not watch their weight" I suggest you do it just this way instead of operating in absolutes. If people like @ZeroDiet or @classichic or any other well-established, respected members tell's you you are wrong, you probably are. This community is full of educated, well-read people and we refuse to spread make-believe facts. Seriously girl, it's second thread I see where you get seriously butthurt and unnecessairly deffensive for no good reason, it will not fly here. Get it together. All the best to you. :flower:

Reactions: 9 users
She is so round :seeya:
I know she's sick and everything but aren't you supposed to do some sort of small exercise to be healthy?
I know people who have a lot of different deseases and most complement their medicines with light exercise.

She is so round :seeya:
I know she's sick and everything but aren't you supposed to do some sort of small exercise to be healthy?
I know people who have a lot of different diseases and most complement their medicines with light exercise.

I recall reading somewhere that she is taking prednisone to treat her lupus, it's my understanding that "moon face" and water retention are common side effects of this medication, and those are things exercise can't really help.

Getting right back into it, didn't anyone tell selena gomez that leggings aren't pants? :sneaky:
gomezswifttogo061615_02.jpg

swiftgomez061615_18.jpg

@highyoufly13 and anyone else who doesn't believe the "myth":

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25621183
http://www.jad-journal.com/article/0165-0327(84)90031-4/abstract
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/06/the-depression-and-weight-gain-conundrum/373175/

this one's super interesting: babies with mothers who "relapsed" into depression and stopped taking medication weighed LESS than those with mothers who briefly relapsed but continued taking the medication
http://europepmc.org/abstract/med/12716242

SSRIs in particular, regulate serotonin--increased levels of serotonin cause some individuals to produce greater amounts of cortisol, which can account for a body more likely to store fat. This doesn't happen to everyone; I actually lost weight when I started taking an antidepressant. I've been on two different kinds and they haven't affected my weight, but that could also be because I'm very conscious of my intake. But I've met so many other people (girls mainly) with depression who suffered through this, so I'm very sympathetic. We all know that gaining weight can make someone even without underlying depression very uneasy.

PLEASE do not generalize. My motto has always been that every body is different---we all function in different ways. So let's not chastise each other for having different issues and lifestyles :sneaky:

I agree It is just from my own personal experience with medicine, and I looked on sciencedaily, and I was in the wrong. It just drives me crazy when people blame meds on weight gain for being 250 pounds. Heck I take xanax and that makes me incredibly hungry , but I have self control.

And through psychology I learned that medicine doesn't make you gain weight you still have to have a healthy lifestyle and diet, The End.

I agree It is just from my own personal experience with medicine, and I looked on sciencedaily, and I was in the wrong. It just drives me crazy when people blame meds on weight gain for being 250 pounds. Heck I take xanax and that makes me incredibly hungry , but I have self control.
Perhaps you didn't phrase it correctly so I'll accept that. Medication can cause weight gain (sometimes significant gain from a non-SG perspective), but it cannot make you morbidly obese. Anyone who solely blames meds for their morbid obesity is outta their mind. :flower:

Reactions: 2 users
Selena Gomez, June 2015

It's weird, because her body doesn't look completely horrendous here (I'm not saying that it looks great by any means), but her face just looks so puffy in comparison. And the hairstyle is not making her face look any less round . . .
selena-gomez-sipped-on-a-healthy-green-drink-in-los-angeles_4.jpg

gomez-smoothie-060515.jpg

slow down girls, i'm going to gain weight with all the popcorn i've been eating with this drama

Reactions: 5 users
Getting right back into it, didn't anyone tell selena gomez that leggings aren't pants? :sneaky:
gomezswifttogo061615_02.jpg

swiftgomez061615_18.jpg
Not that I don't love all the drama that's going on, but I think someone needs to share this lovely ecard with Selena
there-are-three-things-that-always-tell-the-truth-drunk-people-children-and-leggings-2df6a.png

I really think she would benefit from it and it would also stop, you know, burning our eyes.

Reactions: 2 users