Selena Gomez

I feel bad for her, we all have\had a moment in our life where we let ourselves go or gain weight due to a health condition or an antidepressant, and I felt ashamed to go to school when I gained so I can only imagine what is it like to have pics in a bikini where your body looks like that on the daily mail...I would be devastated.

Come on...we shouldn't forget she is very proud of her new figure.

Reactions: 1 user
met-gala-2015-66.jpg

I feel so bad for teen/very young celebrities bc their entire life and appearance is scrutinized all the time. like imagine having your teenage relationships known by the public. my god if the world knew what I looked like at age 15 i'd be done for :speechless:

I feel so bad for teen/very young celebrities bc their entire life and appearance is scrutinized all the time. like imagine having your teenage relationships known by the public. my god if the world knew what I looked like at age 15 i'd be done for :speechless:
But on the other hand they have so many opportunities, not to mention the lifestyle, clothes, fame (if you're into it), travelling, money... Must be tough being young and constantly judged, but the benefits are great.

Why is Her still relevant? Seriously, she only gets publicity because of the people she's daiting. Not Her "music" or movies.

If I was a celebrity I wouldn't have time to eat, honestly. I wouldn't be gaining weight, I'd be losing it. Now I have been to a psychiatrist this year after completing outpatient therapy because I had a breakdown one week, and it was due to me actually having ADHD, not depression or anxiety. So, the depression medicine has a side affect of weight gain. Honestly, I think that is a load of crap. The medicine I am currently on, Adderall, makes it so I can't eat. The anti-depressant I was on before that the doctor warned may make you gain weight never made me gain weight because I stuck to my calorie count. I think people just try to make excuses for their laziness. And, in outpatient a lot of overweight women said the sleeping medicine that I am currently on made them gain 50 plus pounds because it made them hungry. In my case it doesn't affect my hunger at all.

It just looks like Selena is depressed in all these pictures. Idk her, idk if she is doing therapy. But, it seems like she is sad, and maybe some intensive therapy like I had can help her out. I know it helped me entirely. Now I know why I couldn't focus, which correlated to me wanting to die because I was sick of having all these thoughts racing, not being able to focus on my journalism articles for my job nor sit down for long periods of time.

Sorry, if I went into detail on my life. I have always loved our community, and I feel comfortable enough to tell things that I guard from other people.

P.S. and in no-way am I trying to come across as a doctor, I kinda went on a rant just to express my thinking when it comes to medicine making you gain weight.

If I was a celebrity I wouldn't have time to eat, honestly. I wouldn't be gaining weight, I'd be losing it. Now I have been to a psychiatrist this year after completing outpatient therapy because I had a breakdown one week, and it was due to me actually having ADHD, not depression or anxiety. So, the depression medicine has a side affect of weight gain. Honestly, I think that is a load of crap. The medicine I am currently on, Adderall, makes it so I can't eat. The anti-depressant I was on before that the doctor warned may make you gain weight never made me gain weight because I stuck to my calorie count. I think people just try to make excuses for their laziness. And, in outpatient a lot of overweight women said the sleeping medicine that I am currently on made them gain 50 plus pounds because it made them hungry. In my case it doesn't affect my hunger at all.

It just looks like Selena is depressed in all these pictures. Idk her, idk if she is doing therapy. But, it seems like she is sad, and maybe some intensive therapy like I had can help her out. I know it helped me entirely. Now I know why I couldn't focus, which correlated to me wanting to die because I was sick of having all these thoughts racing, not being able to focus on my journalism articles for my job nor sit down for long periods of time.

Sorry, if I went into detail on my life. I have always loved our community, and I feel comfortable enough to tell things that I guard from other people.

P.S. and in no-way am I trying to come across as a doctor, I kinda went on a rant just to express my thinking when it comes to medicine making you gain weight.
Hun, you are not the population. It is not a load of crap. Most people do gain some weight on antidepressants; much worse with certain antipsychotics. Just because you didn't gain doesn't invalidate everyone who did. That's like saying you MUST have EVERY side effect of a drug otherwise you're lying. Just no.
And no, it's not just about keeping to your cal count although that's part of it, but there are also underlying metabolic processes going on.
Also: Adderall isn't an antidepressant, it's a stimulant, like speed, coke...

You would probably benefit from not giving unsolicited health advice either. :smash:

Reactions: 8 users

I'm sorry for what you've gone through, but your post makes me mad. You've seemed to have lost all logic and you've technically diagnosed Selena with depression based on those photos looking sad.
I couldn't care less about Selena, but it really irks me how you've made yourself the population as Zerodiet put it.

Reactions: 3 users
I didn't say Selena was depressed, I specifically said she just looks like she is. That was all. And, yes it is BS about medicine making you gain weight. If you don't eat all the calories and maintain a healthy lifestyle you aren't going to gain weight. I'll find a sciencedaily article to post.

And, yes it is BS about medicine making you gain weight. If you don't eat all the calories and maintain a healthy lifestyle you aren't going to gain weight. I'll find a sciencedaily article to post.

I think it is sometimes used as an excuse but I had a good friend who went on anti-depressants and literally did not change how she ate and if anything she was a bit more active because she wasn't in bed for so long and she gained weight. Her doctor told her that the medication affected her hormone levels maybe? I know nothing about science or medicine so I don't want to give a definite there but in her case her body reacted with the medication and put weight on her despite maintaining her same intake and being a little more active so it happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think it is sometimes used as an excuse but I had a good friend who went on anti-depressants and literally did not change how she ate and if anything she was a bit more active because she wasn't in bed for so long and she gained weight. Her doctor told her that the medication affected her hormone levels maybe? I know nothing about science or medicine so I don't want to give a definite there but in her case her body reacted with the medication and put weight on her despite maintaining her same intake and being a little more active so it happens ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From what I know, medicines that do have the side effect of weight gain usually don't take some up more than 20 lbs if diet and energy expenditure are consistent and accurate. But like stated above, not everyone has every side effect or is effected to the same extreme.

From what I know, medicines that do have the side effect of weight gain usually don't take some up more than 20 lbs if diet and energy expenditure are consistent and accurate.

She didn't balloon up or anything! I doubt too many people besides she and I even noticed, she because she looks at a scale considering its her body, and I because I pay so close to attention and body weight but I'm not saying medication makes you double in size or anything just sharing a real life instance where it did.

She didn't balloon up or anything! I doubt too many people besides she and I even noticed, she because she looks at a scale considering its her body, and I because I pay so close to attention and body weight but I'm not saying medication makes you double in size or anything just sharing a real life instance where it did.

Sorry, I wasn't refuting your experience. Just chiming in on what you were saying.