I can't speak for all of the comments here, but many of them were referring to Hailee's weight or stuff she posted, so it's not exactly "spewing personal crap". She's a model and posts things on the internet, so what's wrong with expressing one's opinion on that? Yes, she's a commercial model, but we also judge other commercial models here (like VS angels) if we think that they should lose- same goes with actors, it's not their job to be thin, but yet, we do judge their weight. I'm not saying that all things that were said about Hailee were ok, and I don't have anything to her personally (I didn't even know she's ModelMaterial), but I don't see how her being a member here should change anything. I thought that SGF's point was about being honest, not about licking everyone's arse because oh my God, they might get offended. Truth is truth, regardless of whether it's said behind someone's back or to their face- although yes, we should keep it polite. I'm sure there are many other models who are members here, does it mean we should stop being critical even if some criticism is in order?
I'm not jealous of @Modelmaterial, I honestly don't care how much she earns, or that she's famous, or parties with celebrities (I live in Monaco, so no offense to anybody, but earning thousands in a day or knowing Leonardo doesn't impress me).
Some of the posts on this thread were out of line, but they were still a minority- majority were about things she posted publicly on the internet for everyone to see, or about her weight, and they were simply honest criticisms, even though harsh.

I totally agree - she put herself out there and has said she can take it. She doesn't have the best body - I know this.

I just don't feel like viewing a personal feud.

I hate Miley Cyrus,and I've made a jab at her here and there in her takedown thread, but it's never "man, this bitch is such a backstabber - what a whore, she sucks dicks to get people's respect and attention - she's a fucking fatty" etc. That's personal, and it's catty, and it's immature.

I can't imagine any legit or highly respected model VIP in this forum would even bother to have such a harsh opinion on an up and comer... so, to conclude: We are viewing the outrage of some model that is no doubt in Hailee's level of competition; a personal feud. Jealousy.

Leave that shit at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
I totally agree - she put herself out there and has said she can take it. She doesn't have the best body - I know this.

I hate Miley Cyrus,and I've made a jab at her here and there in her takedown thread, but it's never "man, this bitch is such a backstabber - what a whore, she sucks dicks to get people's respect and attention - she's a fucking fatty" etc. That's personal, and it's catty, and it's immature.

I can't imagine any legit or highly respected model VIP in this forum would even bother to have such a harsh opinion on an up and comer... so, to conclude: We are viewing the outrage of some model that is no doubt in Hailee's level of competition; a personal feud. Jealousy.

Leave that shit at home.

Couldn't agree more. At least HL has the integrity to defend herself publicly, rather than hide behind an anonymous account.

You're insulting every single model on here. If we have no point or social contribution why do you care to be on a site where almost ever single person is a model?

I think she was talking just about you. That you are just some model. Not relevant to the fashion industry or anything important for that matter.

I think she was talking just about you. That you are just some model. Not relevant to the fashion industry or anything important in that matter.

Oh ok you're right, I'll just quit and go home.
Oh man whoever this no one is, take a chill pill and let me be lol. I'm just doing my thing in LA, happened to have an account here, happened to have a thread created about me, never claimed I was something I'm not...I'm just doing what every other model does so hush please. :)

Reactions: 1 user
You're insulting every single model on here. If we have no point or social contribution why do you care to be on a site where almost ever single person is a model?

for many reasons.

But I also can tell you why I am not here. For example, I am someone who can't praise your post from #93 which unfortunately has fullfilled some cliches, which is unfair to other models.

Speaking of other models. Stop to generalize my post TO YOU and writing in plural 'we' and mentioning 'every model'.

Which of your fellows had to express the virtual 'urgend need' to underline their model status quo ? I can't remember any model - because either they are too busy or way too humble or they don't want to sound like the next best superficial thing.

Greets and :kiss::grin: edit: I have to remove you from my ignore list, this could be interesting. :popcorn:

for many reasons.

But I also can tell you why I am not here. For example, I am someone who can't praise your post from #93 which unfortunately has fullfilled some cliches, which is unfair to other models.

Speaking of other models. Stop to generalize my post TO YOU and writing in plural 'we' and mentioning 'every model'.

Which of your fellows had to express the virtual 'urgend need' to underline their model status quo ? I can't remember any model - because either they are too busy or way too humble or they don't want to sound like the next best superficial thing.

Greets and :kiss::grin: edit: I have to remove you from my ignore list, this could be interesting. :popcorn:

I was told to reveal myself by a VIP. I didn't want to. So it wasn't an "urgend" need.
Keep on ignoring me please I don't need to be involved in petty drama n fact I'm stepping away from SG. Bye bye.

:hmm: That's pretty shady logic. I work in an environment where there is a lot of old world (well established & respected) meets new world (young blood, up-and-comers), and similar outrage isn't limited to jealous, juvenile people. When a newb comes along with entitlement and arrogance well beyond their years, it can provoke outrage from people who are both established and respected. I've seen it happen countless times. The general expectation in any work culure is show up and shut up until you know what you're doing. Not to say that there is no way this is a petty personal feud, but it's not the only possibility.

As an example, after the whole "What are you wearing?" thread fiasco happened, she was incredibly haugthy about starting a self moderated OOTD tumblr which was going to be so strict it would only publish SG-certified skinnies. And then she debuts it with a picture of herself. Her polas and half her tumblr could well be in the takedowns.

I also get being bitchy and defending yourself, but coming onto a forum and bragging about your work and your pay and how it hinges on just how pretty you are is shallow and entitled. A lot of us have amazing jobs and a lot of us get paid to do some pretty spectacular things but none of us feel the need to get on the internet and point out how special we are because of it. Yeah, okay No One (how many ever of them there are) is/are employing some catty playground tactics, but HL/MM is hardly responding with maturity. If she wants to keep it private, she could have taken it to a VIP section of the forum and battle it out there. But she's openly dealing with it here because she wants to and probably likes the audience. She's getting riled and she's pretty much feeding her haters. If haters are going to hate, you address the allegations and move on instead of starting a bitch fight with someone who is purposely riling you. It's how the rest of us deal with No One, who are expected to and anticipated for their cattiness. (It's how you dealt with it on your SS thread. :))

There is always going to be something on here you/I/we don't feel like viewing (ghee tea commentary, fat spam, peruvian models) but if history is any indication, this will blow over soon enough. It's just another cycle. But like the Runweigh-FT catfight from the archives, there is probably a number of us who find this shit hilarious. You can accuse me/us of being immature for being entertained by internet fluff drama, but it doesn't really change anything.

PS. The last couple of posts from her were a lot more mature. But that was after I'd typed all this up and I feel disinclined to change it on grounds that I don't want to.

Reactions: 5 users
I'm still kind of bewildered about the direction this thread took, but putting the drama aside for just one moment, maybe this should be moved somewhere more private. Its cool that you wanted to be so open and all @Modelmaterial, but isn't this section visible to non SGF members? I didn't intend for this shit storm to happen but at this point this is barely a model thread; shit got WAY too personal.

But then how would I be getting all the free clothes sent to me and have epic photogs reach out to me on it?!

Jesus this is why people don't like you. You're not the only person to ever get free stuff. PART TIME BLOGGERS have photographers and small designers reach out to them for promotional work. You're hardly the best, so stop acting like it and giving people a reason to bitch at you.

Best of luck anyway X

Reactions: 3 users
Agreeing with @Gemma. I don't mind a catfight, but it's not very safe or appropiate to keep this thread in an easily viewable section considering the posts in it and that a VIP member just directly revealed her identity.

That said, give MM a break. We all love a good catfight but most model threads are supposed to comment on models's work/body/face/etc. not personally attack that person.

wow, models are meanies! I'm gonna go snuggle up with a teddy bear and watch a disney movie.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreeing with @Gemma. I don't mind a catfight, but it's not very safe or appropiate to keep this thread in an easily viewable section considering the posts in it and that a VIP member just directly revealed her identity.

Model threads are public, because that's the reason a lot of people browse the site. I guess I'm having a hard time figuring out what the standard would be to hide/move a thread like this. We have at least a half-dozen threads in the model section about other VIPs. There's some fairly harsh shit in some of those, too. Do we move those? Not to mention how many people have read their own Takedown or Celebrity threads, which can be terribly unkind. What about those? I'm just struggling with how to be fair and consistent, and I haven't had a chance to discuss with SG. She might have a totally different take...

wow, models are meanies!

You don't even know!

some of these "No One" posts are ridiculous - nobody has this level of hate for someone without a certain amount of jealousy being involved.

I don't know whether or not it's jealousy at work with the others here, but I disagree with your premise. I have seen top models be absolutely vicious to newcomers before (and, actually, to other established models) and in those cases it sure wasn't jealousy.

But I agree with the spirit of what you said - maybe Hailee should take it as a compliment that she can generate so much... passion!! :hide:

That said, give MM a break. We all love a good catfight but most model threads are supposed to comment on models's work/body/face/etc. not personally attack that person.

In sum, this. The conversation should focus on her professional work, look, career, etc. etc. and not on gossip that has no bearing on her public life.

And in closing: Hailee - this is one of your shots I really like that I haven't seen posted here yet:

xk9X22g.jpg

:kiss:

Last edited: