The New Skinny Gossip Forums
January 21st, 2012
Posted by Skinny Gurl
Many of you know that the Skinny Gossip Forums have officially launched. Things are just starting to get interesting in there, so I hope all of you get in there, sign up, and start chit-chatting away with us ASAP. We’ve had about 100 members sign up just in the first week, which I think is pretty exciting. But – as you know – I have really high standards (like a lot of you!) and am pretty hard to please, and I want more, more, more!
So, I’m going to give you a few reasons to get in there and start participating:
- Being a forum, it feels even more like a community. You can set up profiles, etc. etc.
- It’s a much safer & saner way to personally connect with one another – I can’t tell you how many THOUSAND comments I have deleted because some well-meaning gurl posts her contact info or whatever bc she wants a “skinny buddy” – but I don’t feel right letting that happen when I have no control over who will see that info. With the forums there are a couple layers of verification that will keep us all safer and give us more private areas for discussions.
- It keeps conversations tied together – one of the things that has frustrated me about the blog – as much as I love it – is that the comments go off in a million different directions and the comments don’t end up really having anything to do with the article they are posted on. And I’m OCD so it drives me nuts. So please, if it’s got nothing to do with the post – PUT IT IN THE FORUMS. They’re you’re friend.
- It’s private – especially the super-elite “Gurls Club” – which I’ll talk about later.
- You can easily submit items/articles/etc. for consideration to be featured on Skinny Gossip! You might be famous!
- I’m a stickler for privacy: your personal info (email, etc.) is never shared with anyone.
I’m working on some fun stuff to keep it interesting in there, for example:
- A points/prize system. You will be rewarded for participating positively (as determined by other members.) It’s similar to the karma system over on The Fashion Spot (we love you, TFS!) except I’m going to give away real prizes.
- Awards/badge system for meeting your goals or other community rewards
- Personal photo albums with privacy control so you can share pics only with members you know and trust.
- Weight trackers, group diets, competitions, etc.
Now, a little info on the “Gurls Club” which is for my favorite gurls only. You know who you are – you’ve been supporting me forever on this blog. Commenting, keeping it real, reminding me when I’m slacking, etc. So I have created this Club for my besties, and you’ll have special karmic powers, access to secret areas, public recognition of your superior status, and – you’ll hopefully get lots of inside gossip. Why inside gossip? Because it’s going to include a lot of girls who work in the business (models, actresses, others in fashion & entertainment) and who I know frequent the site. (In fact, I’ve reached out to some of you personally already.) So anyway, send me a private message on the forum for further info – because some of you are shoo-ins!
Also – be warned: I am considering tying the blog and forum more tightly together, like requiring a forum login to be able to comment on the blog, and tying articles directly to their forum thread, but I haven’t figured out how to do that yet. When/if I do that, you’ll need a forum login to comment at all. One more reason to sign up.
So get in there now!