Member Articles

User Tag List

Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Rookie

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
amy is painfully average
Default Does bread make u put on weight? <3 x

Hey ladies! so have started healthy eating and one light lunch i love is philadelphia cheese spread on wholemeal bread and i have read that bread makes u fat? so now i'm confused whether it would ruin my gradually losing weight and make me put weight on instead. cos there's so much rubbish and different stories about it on the internet i thought i would ask u lot , cos u seem to know so much! wot do u think guys? :D <3 x
Old 03-23-2012, 11:24 AM
Community Duchess

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Ally is a true champion of the communityAlly is a true champion of the communityAlly is a true champion of the communityAlly is a true champion of the communityAlly is a true champion of the communityAlly is a true champion of the communityAlly is a true champion of the communityAlly is a true champion of the communityAlly is a true champion of the communityAlly is a true champion of the community

Sorry I'm of no help for this one, but I really look forward for the other girls' responses as I'm used to eat half a bagel for breakfast and was wondering if I should cut that out for a more efficient weight loss plan. Does it REALLY matter and make a difference?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Rookie

amy is painfully average

Not sure but i think half a bagel is alright cos it's quite small :-) xxx
Old 03-23-2012, 11:31 AM
SkinnyGossip Royal

Mentioned: 409 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
classichic is a true champion of the communityclassichic is a true champion of the communityclassichic is a true champion of the communityclassichic is a true champion of the communityclassichic is a true champion of the communityclassichic is a true champion of the communityclassichic is a true champion of the communityclassichic is a true champion of the communityclassichic is a true champion of the communityclassichic is a true champion of the communityclassichic is a true champion of the community

I think a few people on this board avoids bread and wheat (some have intolerance to wheat). However, I am a huge bread lover and continue to eat a few toasts or sandwiches about 3-4 times a week. I think you have to make that decision for yourself. If you love bread try switching to healthier versions, having two slices a day or try European bread (higher cals but way more healthier). I generally stick to Swiss or German bread because that's all I had when I was younger.

But eating a slice of wholemeal bread with philadelphia won't make you fat unless you're eating too many slices. If you like bread, continue to eat it otherwise if you don't get what you like it could lead to grumpiness, binging etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 25 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Rookie

amy is painfully average

That is such a good idea! maybe just a few days a week thank u hun! <3 x
Old 03-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Worker Bee

justagirl is just getting started

Just remember, calories in < calories out. Do the math. You want to burn more calories than you put in your body to lose weight. For instance my resting metabolism rate is 1400 cal/day. I need to eat 1400 cal/day to maintain my weight (excluding exercise). Currently I eat 1000-1200/day and exercise approximately 5 hours total per week.

One slice of wheat bread is ~80 calories. One half of a bagel is ~125 calories. This is according to MFP. A 40 calorie difference isn't going to make you gain anything. I think either would be fine for breakfast.
125=April'12
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 25 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
120=Sep'12
115 110)
HW 135 (Aug'11)
justagirl165 on MFP
Old 03-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Grand Dame

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Nessie is working her way up in the world

I stay away from white bread and all rice (cant stand rice, so plain) so i have my oatmeal in the morning or sometimes i have wrap in the evening or a pita wrap..... but i try to keep it so that only one meal of mine a day consists of carbs.

LW: 113lbs (3 months after HW)

CW: 123-125

GW1: 118-119
Old 03-23-2012, 01:54 PM
Worker Bee

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Frogface is working her way up in the worldFrogface is working her way up in the world

There's nothing wrong with bread if it doesn't give you sugar cravings. Bread is full of simple carbohydrates (= sugar). If you're not very sensitive to sugar that's okay, but if you are, bread can make it difficult to get rid of the craving for sweets. So it depends on an individual whether bread is bad or not. And more you exercise and more fit you are, more you can eat carbs without them fucking you up. For me bread is no-no, but it's because of my sugar issues.

I recommend making bread more healthy by eating loads of salad and cucumber on it. :D and it's delicious anyway.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:44 PM
Rookie

amy is painfully average

Hey thank u for the replies really helped, i am gonna be more careful with break now cos i do have lots of sugar cravings <3 :D x
Old 03-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Star

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
SkinnyB is becoming quite impressiveSkinnyB is becoming quite impressiveSkinnyB is becoming quite impressive

Like justagirl said, when dieting all that really matters are the calories.

Calories = the fuel that your body needs daily. If you put too much fuel in the body, it'll get full and spill fuel all over your belly and thighs. If you put less fuel than needed daily, it will start to soak up the spilled fuel and therefore you'll lose weight. I hope that makes sense

Now go to this website to calculate your daily caloric needs:http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
After you have your number, subtract 400-500 to it and that total should give you a good weight loss. Remember to start dieting gradually, once you're there stick to that until you reach your goal. After that remember to just work on maintaining. Good luck with your weight loss <3

Height: 5'8"
HW: 115 lbs Aug 2010
LW: 91 lbs Nov 2010
Measurements: 31-22-33
CW: 95 lbs

Currently doing a cleanse + light exercising. Details to my daily routine are on my profile

"Some people say to me you're too skinny, but never a skinny person says that to me, only people who could lose a few pounds say that"
-Karl Lagerfeld