I think that her diet/exercise plan is very tailored to keep a "sexy" physique: boxing tones the abs and shrinks the waistline (helps an hourglass look) but doesn't necessarily slim legs the way running can, and she probably doesn't have a low calorie enough diet for her body fat to drop significantly (can't lose your boobs in the SI world....) . She definitely isn't weak looking in any way, which is part of the "glamazon" aesthetic I know for a fact her PR team is going for...they definitely want her to be the next Cindy Crawford kind of type. The more I see of her face (everywhere, unfortunately) the more I get annoyed of how short her nose/facial features are--sometimes they look mushed together like a cat

sometimes they look mushed together like a cat
Your description makes me like her a lot more!! If only it were true, and she had the face/head/body of a precious kitten. :lol:

ETA: She may look "glamazon" with boobs, but her puffy face will never slim down unless she loses weight. In some of her profile shots, she almost had a double chin? Face fat just grosses me out (e.g. think of Candice and her terrible puffy fat face now that she keeps gaining weight). There's a reason models are supposed to have killer bone structure.

She's totally Kendall 2.0. Just with an inferior face, inferior body, inferior runway bookings, inferior HF jobs, and now a contract for an inferior make-up company :meh:

"Just before New Year’s Day, Gigi Hadid received an extraordinary gift. While on a routine visit to her agency, IMG, the up-and-coming model’s agent handed her a present to unwrap. Inside the box was a contract finalizing Hadid’s role as the newest face of Maybelline.

Recalling the moment over the phone to Vogue yesterday, her excitement was palpable. After all, signing with the iconic American beauty house represents a career milestone for the 19-year-old Californian—but it also brings her full circle. “In middle school, I wasn’t allowed to wear makeup,” she explains, “I secretly bought Maybelline’s SuperStay 24HR concealer at CVS. I thought it was the coolest thing in the world.” So cool, in fact, that she still keeps a bottle in her bag to this day.

Starting this morning, she’ll have access to more than just concealer: Hadid, who kicked off her career as a Guess Kids model at age two, has soaked up a lifetime of beauty advice on set—and she’s ready to put it to good use with the company’s vibrant arsenal of high-impact eye shadows and lipsticks, as well as its skin-warming bronzers and lash-lengthening mascaras. In an effort to shake up her routine every few months, she says, “I pay attention to how every makeup artist does everything.” For example, after noticing how a wash of nude eye shadow made her eyes appear more open and their green color pop, she recently incorporated the technique into her own repertoire, mimicking the shape (“more round than winged”) and the brushes used to get the look. “You have to try different things to see what you like best.

Luckily for Hadid, the fun is just beginning: The model—who has already walked the Chanel runway, starred in the Pirelli Calendar, and played a pivotal role in the re-creation of one memorable Vogue cover—will debut her first Maybelline ad this October. Not that you’ll have to wait that long to see her in action. We predict she will be sharing every beauty adventure on Instagram with her 1.5 million followers—meaning your feed is about to get that much more colorful."

vogue.com

the whole "not being allowed to wear makeup in high school thing" is utter bs and i have pictures from her fb page to prove it...

Reactions: 1 user
I think she has a beautiful exotic face which is right for the genre of modelling she is doing.

She is pretty, just boring and not skinny enough. Definitely more commercial.
The roundness of her face sort of bothers me. Gorgeous eyes though.

Guess S/S 2015
m8DJZD6l.jpg

0Aq12aEl.jpg

lPoqSoKl.jpg

UwnX448l.jpg

oofdl0Rl.jpg

qkDiNexl.jpg

nKi5nXll.jpg

eRiVTPKl.jpg

r5pBvAZl.jpg

Wbyg5wtl.jpg

nU4jio0l.jpg

aXfGtVBl.jpg

Fashion Los Angeles Awards
coAJFjvl.jpg
YoovINZl.jpg

xwODAlZl.jpg

W Magazine It Girls Celebration
nMyVC0Al.jpg

bJdHSLXl.jpg
XG4Len7l.jpg

I don't like her body but I don't mind her, she seems nice and at least she's doing things that are suited for her (commercial brands, VS, SI...)

She definitely should loose, but she seems really nice and I think she can pose better than the half kardashian. A nice girl, not pretentious (my impression)

I don't like her body but I don't mind her, she seems nice and at least she's doing things that are suited for her (commercial brands, VS, SI...)

Well, she has a lot of HF work too. She walked for Marc Jacobs, Jean Paul Gaultier, Chanel, Sonia Rykiel, and Giles, and appeared in W Magazine, Vogue US, V Magazine, Vogue Brazil, Harper's Bazaar, Schon Magazine, CR Fashion Book, S Moda, and Porter.

I'm too lazy to post links/pics right now, but she has a Vogue Spain cover right now, was in SI again, and walked for Tommy Hilfiger and Tory Burch....not the most "high fashion" labels, but damn is this girl getting a lot of press right now

I'm with Andrea's opinion on this one.

I cannot believe this person makes money in mainstream markets on her looks. There is maybe one three-quarter angle with that vacant expression that has a babydoll allure to it, but everything else is so lacklustre. She's the girl that makes me think that there is yet hope for any of us. Reminds me about the all the fangirling over that gorgeous thing we know as Kate Middleton. :rolleyes: At least her body was in check.