Skinniest Models

Anja Rubik
AnjaRubikQuazi2010Fall5.jpg

Anja+Rubik+25+Magazine+6.jpg

img-anja-rubik_124954758945.jpg_midmajor-max.jpg

4a36d6f5f5dfa55c36642238dcb7d4d1,35,1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Anja should win an award for remaining one of the thinnest for her entire career with no (discernable) fluctuation. Now THAT is rare!!

Curious about people's thoughts on this now that the landscape has changed a bit :kiss:

Reactions: 1 user
the 'biggest' one of these skinny girls back then would still be the smallest on a 2017 runway. it's like they were also totally different shaped, so much smaller, the tiny shoulders, longer legs, visible collarbones, strong presence, knees same size as thighs. ...and today... SAD!

Anja is my girl. Total pro.

• Agree
Reactions: 5 users
I'm stating the obvious choices but..
Natalie Westling
_UMB7637.jpg

Ewa Wladymiruk

+ Molly Bair, Harleth Kuusik, Marjan, Issa Lish.

• Agree
Reactions: 8 users
'Natural thin' :lol: Molly (with Natalie as runner-up)

Became thin: Marjan

Had thinness thrust upon her: Alice Metza :D

• Funny
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
it's like they were also totally different shaped, so much smaller, the tiny shoulders, longer legs, visible collarbones, strong presence, knees same size as thighs. ...and today... SAD!

Anja is my girl. Total pro.

I feel like there are still a few skinny girls these days but for me it's starting to feel like with models I have to choose between skinniness and... idk, not even face, but kinda the overall aesthetic look I like? Unpopular opinion but I'm not personally into the ~edgy~ look that most of the current thinnest are into (don't crucify me but I hate Nat's tattoo). Like obviously it's popular but these days I feel like all the skinniest have that Vetements/Virgil Abloh look and I wish there was some more variety :nervous:

Can I please have a hybrid of Maartje's face and demeanor with Ewa's body?

• Agree
I feel like there are still a few skinny girls these days but for me it's starting to feel like with models I have to choose between skinniness and... idk, not even face, but kinda the overall aesthetic look I like? Unpopular opinion but I'm not personally into the ~edgy~ look that most of the current thinnest are into (don't crucify me but I hate Nat's tattoo). Like obviously it's popular but these days I feel like all the skinniest have that Vetements/Virgil Abloh look and I wish there was some more variety :nervous:

Can I please have a hybrid of Maartje's face and demeanor with Ewa's body?
agreed 1000000 percent--all skinny models totally look like they're strung out, hence the thinness (even if that isn't the case in the vasty majority of cases). I don't like basic bitch either, but some happy medium would be greatly appreciated at this point.

for example: lili sumner is skinny as F*** lately but not exactly great looking

• Agree
agreed 1000000 percent--all skinny models totally look like they're strung out, hence the thinness (even if that isn't the case in the vasty majority of cases). I don't like basic bitch either, but some happy medium would be greatly appreciated at this point.

for example: lili sumner is skinny as F*** lately but not exactly great looking

I totally have to disagree with this but it's solely due to my taste in style and aesthetic, so not judging, just adding opinion!

I love the edgy look, (I guess that's my look) and those are definitely the models I gravitate towards and especially when they are new faces. I feel that concerning a model/person in general their personality is so important and when a model (/person) has more personality they usually also have an "alternative" style, I.e., Lili, Gracie, Molly, etc. But in general this is how I know who I am compatible with, although sometimes you meet someone who seems/looks cool and their a total culture tease.

But like I said, I have my taste and others have theirs!

I guess the same could be said if you love Victoria Secret, Top 100 pop songs, nepotism and hamburgers, then you'd love Gigi, Bella, and Kendal :disgusted:

I totally have to disagree with this but it's solely due to my taste in style and aesthetic, so not judging, just adding opinion!

I love the edgy look, (I guess that's my look) and those are definitely the models I gravitate towards and especially when they are new faces. I feel that concerning a model/person in general their personality is so important and when a model (/person) has more personality they usually also have an "alternative" style, I.e., Lili, Gracie, Molly, etc. But in general this is how I know who I am compatible with, although sometimes you meet someone who seems/looks cool and their a total culture tease.

But like I said, I have my taste and others have theirs!

I guess the same could be said if you love Victoria Secret, Top 100 pop songs, nepotism and hamburgers, then you'd love Gigi, Bella, and Kendal :disgusted:

I don't think it's right to say models with 'more' personality are usually edgy - implies edgy people have more interesting personalities? Not that this is necessarily what you're actually trying to say, but someones aesthetic or dress-sense doesn't correlate to an interesting or boring personality. So many models with a more refined, classical look have big personalities - and I know lots of 'edgy' people that are fake and boring AF.

In miss the models from a few years ago too though, in my head when I think of the typical image of a model I think of someone who is super skinny but also elegant and clean-cut and well put together. Maybe that's boring these days, but I'm just not a fan of all the 'alternative' models now. Sometimes they look grimy, and that's not inspiring to me. But I appreciate people have different tastes! :shy:

• Love
I don't think it's right to say models with 'more' personality are usually edgy - implies edgy people have more interesting personalities? Not that this is necessarily what you're actually trying to say, but someones aesthetic or dress-sense doesn't correlate to an interesting or boring personality. So many models with a more refined, classical look have big personalities - and I know lots of 'edgy' people that are fake and boring AF.

In miss the models from a few years ago too though, in my head when I think of the typical image of a model I think of someone who is super skinny but also elegant and clean-cut and well put together. Maybe that's boring these days, but I'm just not a fan of all the 'alternative' models now. Sometimes they look grimy, and that's not inspiring to me. But I appreciate people have different tastes! :shy:

No you are totally right! I'm really just being biased towards my own aesthetic. I suppose I should correct my self and say those type of "looks" align with my taste and preference in people. For instance, if I see someone who correlates with my own aesthetic, I am going to think they have a better personality than someone wearing Abercrombie & Fitch, if that makes sense.

But like I said (and you've said), I've met people who look like they stepped out of a Hedi Slimane photoshoot and turn out to be total duds. An Anita Pallenberg disguised as a Hailey Baldwin, if you will ;)

And to get back on topic, I will add Teddy Quinlivan to this thread, speaking of a happy medium between aesthetics:

• Love
But like I said (and you've said), I've met people who look like they stepped out of a Hedi Slimane photoshoot and turn out to be total duds. An Anita Pallenberg disguised as a Hailey Baldwin, if you will ;)

literally hopped out of the shower because I realized what I meant to say was a "HAILEY BALDWIN disguised as a ANITA PALLENBERG" doh!:yawn:

• Funny
- and I know lots of 'edgy' people that are fake and boring AF.
OMG this so so much for me. I've seen too many people who try use "edginess" and *artsy* instagrams to make up for a total lack of actual originality/personality in the easiest way possible.

I actually absolutely loathe the woman but I do love one of Margaret Thatcher's quotes: "If you have to say you are, you aren't"

happy medium
:nervous::p

• Agree
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone can remember thefashionspot's great Model & Celeb Weight threads? :yawn: While I think this was the beginning of the end for this board, if they would not have shut down the thread back then it would have slowly died because of lack of skinny people.

Also I miss super skinny, classical feminine models. I turned into a Melania stan because I truly hope her elegance and fashion sense will influence the industry. I remember the super skinny model cast of a Yves S. Laurent (?) last year - awful fashion worn by a bunch of thin 'edgy' models who matched the weird clothes. I don't care if that sounds ignorant.
Not in a million years I would saved the pictures of them on my HD, despite their skinny legs. Just give me fierce moments.

• Agree