Models Falling

What do you think when you see a pro model fall in a major show?

• I don't feel bad for her at all, she's supposed to be a pro.

Votes: 31 10.6%
  • I feel a little bad, but at the same time it's not really acceptable.

Votes: 60 20.5%
  • It depends on whether I like her or not.

Votes: 109 37.2%
  • I feel really bad for her and hope she doesn't get in trouble.

Votes: 93 31.7%

• Total voters

FashionThin

VIP - Insider & The Boss
Staff member
VIP
Recently Verified
Jan 20, 2012
New York
Thread by request - how to fall, if you really really have to.

OK in the Lindsey Wixson thread, incorrectly named "the most desired face in fashion", we were talking about her idiotic falls pissing off some clients. Everyone knows the main rule on falling during a runway show is simple: never, ever do it.

But if you do (reminder- DON'T!) - take a lesson from this model on how to handle things without making yourself into more of an embarrassing spectacle than you already are, and getting even more wrath from your agency and the client.

(At 4:45)

Reactions: 1 users
I wish I could choose option #1, follow by "unless it's me" lol

I never fall in a real show, thank god (but fell a lot in practices!) but a girl in my agency fell in Prada show and it was not good...

:nervous: :run:

Reactions: 1 users
my favorite fall of all time is Stammy's fall in Chloe a few years ago

honestly do not like the bitch so I wish she'd broken her nose, but that's another story :twisted:

Reactions: 2 users
i feel awful for them :meh: i can just imagine the dread they feel as they feel themselves losing balance... hit the floor... bam.

Ok, I feel bad for them, b/c I am convinced designers' make shoes like crap and the models are left literally risking injury from it!

Also, I just have a running hatred with ill-fitting shoes, from the men who design them to the companies and stores that decide ladies shoes should jump from size 10 to 11!!! (at least in the US...thankfully there is a size 41 in European sizes).

So, in conclusion my heart goes out to the models...but it's all on them in terms of how they 'bounce back' on the runway!

Reactions: 1 user
i have never fallen (yet...) but i have tripped when coming down the steps just off the runway (very long dress, im a bit short, shoes were too big) its the one thing you are constantly thinking about. its terrifying hahaha
i feel bad for the models who obviously cant help it, and are wearing ridiculous shoes or faint whilst wearing tight corsets (abbey-lee)
but bloody wixson with her arm flailing technique....go away child

So everyone has been talking about Lindsey Wixons fall so I had to watch it. I love that the model in front, Daphne, rolls her eyes - its priceless!! She is like, "bitch learn how to model" :lol:

• Jizztastic
Not that I really know anything about fashion, but I do see why it's tacky to make a big spectacle when you fall. Just get back up and keep going. I do feel bad for them when they fall, just because I'm sure the combination of ill fitting shoes and fabric dragging the floor is a recipe for disaster.

Not that I really know anything about fashion, but I do see why it's tacky to make a big spectacle when you fall. Just get back up and keep going. I do feel bad for them when they fall, just because I'm sure the combination of ill fitting shoes and fabric dragging the floor is a recipe for disaster.

Agree with u, i don't know much about fashion nor modeling but i do think that if you fall you should act like it didn't happen not sit on the ground laughing at yourself.... do it after.

I don't like this one of Agyness. I already don't really like her, but then she falls twice, makes a huge ordeal out of it and then takes her shoes off! AWKWARD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF-ND3Jby0Y&feature=related

However, I do think that sometimes the designers need to be a little more conscious about what they put on the runway. The whole point is that the clothes look good on the model and if the dress is too tight or too flowy and trips them or the shoes are too tall/difficult to walk in no one is going to look good!

I don't like this one of Agyness. I already don't really like her, but then she falls twice, makes a huge ordeal out of it and then takes her shoes off! AWKWARD!

ehmm she did it not to fall a third time! that would have been even more ridiculous.

hahah yah i had to giggle a bit but i would be just like tha tif i had to walk in those heels.... i might have jsut started crawling :p such a model i am