Anya Taylor-Joy

I genuinely thought that with Furiosa Anya would have eventually attained a more toned and fit physique… boy was I wrong.
IMG_2792.jpeg

• Pig
  • Gross
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
I genuinely thought that with Furiosa Anya would have eventually attained a more toned and fit physique… boy was I wrong.
View attachment 152207
IMG_5169.jpeg
IMG_5170.jpeg

I had the same thought when I saw these—I’d expect her to be at her best, or at least a muscular version of her best, as the star of an action movie. I had to do a double take when these popped up.

In getting so doughy she obviously lost her ethereal energy but it also looks like she completely lost her spark, for lack of a better term. Her poses are just so lifeless and lackluster. I guess I’d pose sadly too if I knew that was what I was presenting to the world.

• Gross
  • Pig
  • Sad
Reactions: 8 users
View attachment 152368View attachment 152369
I had the same thought when I saw these—I’d expect her to be at her best, or at least a muscular version of her best, as the star of an action movie. I had to do a double take when these popped up.

In getting so doughy she obviously lost her ethereal energy but it also looks like she completely lost her spark, for lack of a better term. Her poses are just so lifeless and lackluster. I guess I’d pose sadly too if I knew that was what I was presenting to the world.
The look is definitely wearing her and not the other way around. This is quite the turnaround from her Dune look which I think she looked amazing in (although she was completely covered from head to toe so her face was the focal point and not her figure). It’s such a shame because she has so much potential but it’s wasted on her! I’m imagining Zendaya in this and thinking how she would bring the look to life. I can’t really think of any other actress right now who pulls off this sort of method dressing for movie press.

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
In getting so doughy she obviously lost her ethereal energy
At the risk of sounding like a bitch... I never understood the hype around her. Her body looks buxom and painfully average. She has fleshy arms and thighs. Her collarbones, calves, and ankles makes her look thinner than she is. Her whole "look" relies upon bleached hair, buccal fat removal, and having bug-eyes that are super far apart. She looks like she used to be one of those nerdy girls in high school that was obsessed with anime and Pocky. Briefly, I think she looked somewhat good when she was at her thinnest. I do appreciate her unique look, for what it is, and like her as an actress. But definitely not "goals" or anything special to me.
bug eyed bitch in british vogue.png
bug eyed bitch 1.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: 1 user
At the risk of sounding like a bitch... I never understood the hype around her. Her body looks buxom and painfully average. She has fleshy arms and thighs. Her collarbones, calves, and ankles makes her look thinner than she is. Her whole "look" relies upon bleached hair, buccal fat removal, and having bug-eyes that are super far apart. She looks like she used to be one of those nerdy girls in high school that was obsessed with anime and Pocky. Briefly, I think she looked somewhat good when she was at her thinnest. I do appreciate her unique look, for what it is, and like her as an actress. But definitely not "goals" or anything special to me.
View attachment 152375 View attachment 152377
I definitely don’t see where you get the nerdy high school weeb vibe but I see where you’re coming from with the rest about her body. Her appeal really comes from her face, and not everyone finds her unique features beautiful, but off-putting or even ugly. I also don’t think there’s anything wrong with “relying” on bleached hair, it just serves to elevate her look and makes her stand out in my opinion. If it works it works. Also, the buccal fat removal, is that even true or is that just another rumor people like to make up when they see a previously full-faced teen celebrity look different in adulthood due to aging and weight loss?

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
Her appeal really comes from her face, and not everyone finds her unique features beautiful
I do think she is pretty. I don't know...it's hard for me to admire celebrities that have averagespo bodies when they have every resource at their disposal to be in amazing shape. Sad. And she heavily relies on cosmetics and a bucket of 40 volume developer to look more striking. It's a bit hyper-realistic and cartoonish for me.

Who knows whether she got the surgery...in some photos her face looks unnaturally hollowed out. I'm suspicious when someone looks like they're sucking on a warhead.
atj2.jpg

atj.jpg

View attachment 152368View attachment 152369

I agree, this outfit just did not work. I think her large thighs and wide waist make her look stocky.

If you're going for a diety-inspired look, you need to have a waifish thin body so you can look really ethereal.

I guess she wasn't feeling it either? Maybe that's why her poses are so lifeless :wtf:

I definitely don’t see where you get the nerdy high school weeb vibe but I see where you’re coming from with the rest about her body. Her appeal really comes from her face, and not everyone finds her unique features beautiful, but off-putting or even ugly. I also don’t think there’s anything wrong with “relying” on bleached hair, it just serves to elevate her look and makes her stand out in my opinion. If it works it works. Also, the buccal fat removal, is that even true or is that just another rumor people like to make up when they see a previously full-faced teen celebrity look different in adulthood due to aging and weight loss?
Most celebrities accused of buccal fat removal just suck in their cheeks. Even pudgy actresses know that one must look a bit gaunt to look striking on camera, but most are not diligent enough to actually become skinny and elegant, so they resort to contorting their faces like idiots.

My only qualm with her platinum hair is that, combined with her styling choices, it makes her pink undertones too prominent. She needs to stick to jewel tones and cool colors, lest she want to evoke the pink fleshy image of a naked mole rat.

Reactions: 1 users
Most celebrities accused of buccal fat removal just suck in their cheeks. Even pudgy actresses know that one must look a bit gaunt to look striking on camera, but most are not diligent enough to actually become skinny and elegant, so they resort to contorting their faces like idiots.

My only qualm with her platinum hair is that, combined with her styling choices, it makes her pink undertones too prominent. She needs to stick to jewel tones and cool colors, lest she want to evoke the pink fleshy image of a naked mole rat.
Seriously the amount of times i hear people say so and so have had buccal fat removal or cheek implants is laughable and genuinely annoying. People are saying Lily Rose Depp had buccal fat removal and implants as if she didn’t already have prominent cheekbones and bone structure since she was young and also has lost a shit ton of weight since 2018. Even when she had a fuller or plumper face she clearly had very prominent cheekbones, she just looked less gaunt. Aging, weight loss, diet, substance use, angles, lighting, posing, and makeup, are all just forgotten about and everyone is so quick to claim surgery.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
I would like to bring us back to a better time, and add fuel to the fire that something is going on with her face.
IMG_5371.jpeg
IMG_5372.jpeg

She can be thin without looking hollowed out. Post-weight loss a few years ago, she’s always had those defined cheekbones but somehow she doesn’t seem scooped out of her own skin here… I don’t think this was her thinnest, but even notably smaller she still looked healthy here. Maybe all those cigarettes have caught up with her, maybe it’s surgery, maybe it’s… actually, God knows whatever else it could be, but it’s incredible to me that she used to look healthier and brighter at a time she bragged about living on cigarettes & black coffee. Anya, I hesitate to ask you to sacrifice your health, but thank you for reminding me that less is more.

Despite her uninspiring body and the fact that this look really did not translate well on the red carpet, I like how it was photographed in a non-carpet setting.
IMG_2899.jpeg
IMG_2900.jpeg

Might be an unpopular opinion but I still enjoy her print work and on a good day she manages to look quite elegant.
IMG_2897.jpeg
IMG_2898.jpeg