Met Gala 2016

Also Naomi and Karlie were better than I could expect
naomi-campbell-karolina-kurkova-met-gala-01.jpg
13103388_633890106762258_8035011566467176816_n.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
My favourites have already been posted, but Nicole Kidman looked gorgeous, I'm completely in love with her dress and figure:luv:I also loved Poppy and Alexa. Amidst all of the tinfoil atrocities this year though, the outfits I actually liked were few and far between. Metallic was an obvious route to go, and the majority just looked so tacky.

Amy Schumer legitimately looks like she'd been dressed on The Sims, and she even seemed aware of it. Girl, the least you can do is stand straight, you aren't helping yourself look better by slouching.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow...never would have guessed NAOMI to look so good. Well she always looks put together I guess. Also Fei Fei looked pretty good. But overall the dresses were quite boring or ugly. Where is ANJA? Did she not go? She's usually the highlight and the most skinny & stylish w/ a nice bit of sexy IMHO

Reactions: 1 user
This is the most unflattering pic I've ever seen.

I completely agree. I don't even want to quote the photo because the dress makes me literally, physically repulsed. Can someone please explain to me why we're all supposed to unconditionally love Beyonce? Like I don't hate her, but I really don't understand the crazy hype.

Ugh, just thinking about that dress makes me feel nauseous. She looks like a walking skin disease and I have slight trypophobia :hahano:

Reactions: 4 users
Wow...never would have guessed NAOMI to look so good. Well she always looks put together I guess. Also Fei Fei looked pretty good. But overall the dresses were quite boring or ugly. Where is ANJA? Did she not go? She's usually the highlight and the most skinny & stylish w/ a nice bit of sexy IMHO
Yeah I couldn't see Anja in any posts about Met. She would have looked fab

I completely agree. I don't even want to quote the photo because the dress makes me literally, physically repulsed. Can someone please explain to me why we're all supposed to unconditionally love Beyonce? Like I don't hate her, but I really don't understand the crazy hype.

Ugh, just thinking about that dress makes me feel nauseous. She looks like a walking skin disease and I have slight trypophobia :hahano:
The dress isn't even that bad but Beyoncé really does dress like a Kardashian yet I've never heard of anyone calling her trashy, tacky or try hard. This dress and the one she wore last year were totally things Kim would've wear too. With the difference that Kim K is always ridiculized for her vulgar outfits but Beyoncé has created this sort of aura where people think of her as a goddess who can do no wrong

^ And I do think that Beyoncé is a really talented singer and a great performer, she does 'deserve' more respect than a Kardashian because she actually DOES something in her life and has talent...but still doesn't change the fact that she's human and very tacky in most of her choices.

Reactions: 1 users
mRBgaBI.jpg

8muAxIi.jpg

I don't know much about her besides the fact that she's an actress but I thought Lily Collins looked decent - definitely more of the toned look

Reactions: 10 users
At this point I think Beyoncé has become a persona to represent/vocalize for African American women of low socioeconomic class. Although some of her outfits may be tacky they are carefully constructed and purposeful - bringing a different point of view than usually seen at these events or in her level of wealth in general. Kim has no platform/cause/taste/morals/shame...

Reactions: 2 users
I love Nicole Kidman's look the most, I think. <3

Meanwhile, at a significantly younger age... :nervous: They look so old/weathered/worn; it's unbelievable. Also not interesting choices, or ones that seem relevant to the theme at all.
rs_634x1024-160502173435-634-MET-GALA-Arrivals-Mary-Kate-Olsen-Ashley-Olsen.ms.50216.jpg

Madonna looks like she just crawled out of the TV set in The Ring. Her hair is actually worse than her exposed arse which I have seen more times than I've seen my own I think.

Lily Rose and Nicole Kidman were my favourite looks; it was great to see Nicole Kidman looking good again - I watched Eyes Wide Shut again recently and she was so pretty in it but the last few years she looked like she was 90% botox.

Reactions: 2 users