do you wear glasses or contacts?

@Whippet Girl . I dont have astigmatism. I just have myopia on my right eye while my left eye is perfectly normal.
Its not only glasses but also something like head band if i wear it too long or tight veil/hijab can cause migraine for me. I dont know why

@Whippet Girl . I dont have astigmatism. I just have myopia on my right eye while my left eye is perfectly normal.
Its not only glasses but also something like head band if i wear it too long or tight veil/hijab can cause migraine for me. I dont know why

How frustrating. Perhaps one-sided laser will really help you then in the future. I can't wear tight hats or sunglasses either, the pressure upon temporal muscles causes pain, but I know what you mean that it's that same type of pain as eye strain. :(

How frustrating. Perhaps one-sided laser will really help you then in the future. I can't wear tight hats or sunglasses either, the pressure upon temporal muscles causes pain, but I know what you mean that it's that same type of pain as eye strain. :(
I've been thinking about laser treatments lately, i will talk to my parents.
Thankyou for your consern. Thats so sweet of you :luv:

Reactions: 1 user
I wear glasses because the thought of contacts creep me out.
But the problem is glasses can kill an outfit.​

I wear contacts, but I have a pair of glasses that I wear on a very rare occasion (usually at home only, but out once or twice a year if allergies cause my swollen eyes to reject my contacts).

For some reason, seeing above and below the frame of my glasses make me dizzy (like when I look up or down with them on). I think it freaks out my "focus" feature too much. ;)

Fun fact: I have special contacts that are a larger diameter than normal, because I have big alien eyes. Hehe.

I just had LASEK a week and a half ago and it is AMAZING! Had terrible vision, like -5.50 and mad astigmatism in both eyes and on top of the usual benefits I noticed another huge one: my eyes no longer bulge.

I had a mild bulging in both eyes that was visible from my side profile due to my eyes being so misshapen by the myopia and astigmatism. Most ppl didn't notice it but it definitely severely bothered me - I even considered orbital decompression surgery even though it was nowhere near that bad. I had NO idea laser eye surgery would get rid of it and I wish I knew sooner so if you have this issue, definitely consider LASIK or LASEK!

As background, I needed glasses since fourth grade and wore contacts since high school - contacts never bothered me and I wore them for my entire waking hours. I also wear plain glasses still as accessories - I couldn't wear real prescription ones even if I wanted to be "legit" because the glasses I love have huge lenses and they would be way too heavy with my old prescription.

I don't wear contacts or glasses - I got lucky and have 20/20 vision. I occasionally wear glasses with clear lenses to accentuate an outfit or go for a different look. I've tried wearing various colored contacts, but haven't had much luck since I'm weirded out by touching my eyes. Last time I tried, I ended up with Kate Bosworth's eyes, when one contact was stuck in and I couldn't get the other in as hard as I tried.

Reactions: 1 users
Glasses all the way. I get bad reactions to contacts (then again, my eyes react to make-up as well), so unless I want to look like I'm permanently trying to hold back tears, glasses it is. I have several pairs, so I can pick ones that works with my outfit.

hah, I have to say, I think I love SG & AB even more after these posts. (please write more whenever you have the time!)

I USE to have 20/20 vision all the way through university...somehow after just a few years of working my vision slowly deteriorated so I must use glasses ONLY when using a PC...definitely not while walking around, I'll get vertigo! (Girls, take breaks from computers every 1 hr, and stretch your eyes, focus on objects at varying distances....good ergonomic practices are actually important).

I started off w/ the invisible type of frames (ie no frames w/ just lenses and thin metal sides) b/c I was sad/traumatized from having to wear glasses (also I have a phobia about things touching my eyes....so contacts and even eye drops are out of the question).

Now years later I just wear larger glasses sort of like J.Crew style since it is just for sitting in front of computer. My go to brand is Persol b/c the special hinge thingy does make for comfort...although apparently Warby Parker is amazing and economical (I checked out one of their brick & mortar stores once....crazy busy...but friends have given it rave reviews when purchasing online, etc)

Reactions: 1 user
I have been wearing contact lenses for 10 years now and I love it!. if by chance I would develop some bad reaction to them, I would be totally depressed with switching to glasses.
:seeya:

My vision is good enough to get by without glasses, and by get by I mean just deal with the fact that everything farther than 10 feet away from me is going to be slightly blurry, so I just wear them in class. I really think it's time to get contacts though. I hate how most glasses look on me and it's getting kind of annoying not recognizing people when they're walking towards me

I just had LASEK a week and a half ago and it is AMAZING! Had terrible vision, like -5.50 and mad astigmatism in both eyes and on top of the usual benefits I noticed another huge one: my eyes no longer bulge.

I had a mild bulging in both eyes that was visible from my side profile due to my eyes being so misshapen by the myopia and astigmatism. Most ppl didn't notice it but it definitely severely bothered me - I even considered orbital decompression surgery even though it was nowhere near that bad. I had NO idea laser eye surgery would get rid of it and I wish I knew sooner so if you have this issue, definitely consider LASIK or LASEK!

As background, I needed glasses since fourth grade and wore contacts since high school - contacts never bothered me and I wore them for my entire waking hours. I also wear plain glasses still as accessories - I couldn't wear real prescription ones even if I wanted to be "legit" because the glasses I love have huge lenses and they would be way too heavy with my old prescription.
How old are you and how long was your prescription consistent before you had it done? I've been looking at it but everyone is telling me to wait 2 more years (when I'm 20) and then my vision will have been consistent for a while by then. Just wondering what your experience was like :)

since I'm weirded out by touching my eyes.

Haha, this was me. My mother was a nurse at the optometrist's at the time, and I'm sure I embarrassed her - after an hour of "almost there, nope nevermind," the nurse trying to teach me just sent us both home and told me to practice with Mom.

One trick that finally helped me get them in - tilt your head downward and continue making eye contact with yourself in the mirror. Focus on the mirror and sort of "look past" the eye that's getting the contact in. Instead of going straight for the cornea (that's gonna make you recoil), put it in the whites of your eye below your iris and then blink or glance down so the contact slides on.

Side note: feeling a little weird talking to/giving advice to The Boss Lady - feel free to smack me around if I'm supposed to keep my noob place

Glasses currently. They're rather clunky sometimes, but I'm too squeamish for contacts.

Neither as I was blessed with great vision.
Someone I know just turned 25 and has to wear glasses now. At 25 their eyesight degenerated that badly. That terrifies me. Not because they wear glasses but that they have somehow damaged their sight so badly so young.

When I was younger I would wear fake glasses if I had said or done something stupid in a previous lecture and yes people would treat me differently. Glasses = intelligence.

I wear contacts. Glasses only if I'm studying and my contacts have been in 14+ hours already. My prescription is -7.00, I have terrible vision. If it stays the same for one more year I can get a referral for surgery.