do you wear glasses or contacts?

Glasses! I love them :) I try contacts periodically but always come back to my glasses. My eyes get so dry in contacts!

I need glasses because of shortsight and astigmatism since I was 11. It was when I was like 22-23 that I started to wear lenses to go out and glasses at home. Some people can wear glasses and look very good, but that's not my case. I look ultrastupid with glasses and my self confidence decreases to zero. Even so, the lenses I can't wear for too long because my eyes don't like them very much and they become dry.
Only for you :lol:
tontita con gafas.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I need glasses because of shortsight and astigmatism since I was 11. It was when I was like 22-23 that I started to wear lenses to go out and glasses at home. Some people can wear glasses and look very good, but that's not my case. I look ultrastupid with glasses and my self confidence decreases to zero. Even so, the lenses I can't wear for too long because my eyes don't like them very much and they become dry.
Only for you :lol: View attachment 5869

I don't think your glasses look bad, but if you're not satisfied with the effect and haven't changed the frames lately it might be worth going to the optician and trying on some different styles. In my case the ones I prefer aesthetically are not always the ones that suit me best because they have to harmonise with your face shape and colouring as well as your preferred look. From your photo it looks like your features are quite strong (very arched brows, very dark hair etc); perhaps the utilitarian style of your specs is too harsh for these distinctive traits?

I also notice from your posts that individual expression seems quite important to you. I suspect that your glasses are just not badass enough :D

if you're not satisfied with the effect and haven't changed the frames lately it might be worth going to the optician and trying on some different styles.
I had different glasses in the 20 years I have need them and none made me look less stupid. But thank you for all the tips! Maybe one day I find just "the ones".
I also notice from your posts that individual expression seems quite important to you. I suspect that your glasses are just not badass enough :D
Hahaha I like you :lol:. Well in fact its very possible that you are right... Glasses are not badass (lol xD I never thought about myself as badass, but cool) so I lose my self-confidence, so I act stupid because I don't feel I'm myself...so I look stupid. I know what I need! Glasses with spikes! xD

I had different glasses in the 20 years I have need them and none made me look less stupid. But thank you for all the tips! Maybe one day I find just "the ones".

Hahaha I like you :lol:. Well in fact its very possible that you are right... Glasses are not badass (lol xD I never thought about myself as badass, but cool) so I lose my self-confidence, so I act stupid because I don't feel I'm myself...so I look stupid. I know what I need! Glasses with spikes! xD

il_570xN.408647021_78rp.jpg

I've been wearing glasses for 9 years and contact lenses for 5.
I'm very near sighted and I also have astigmatism, so even with my contacts my vision gets blurry at times. :(

I'm planning on getting eye surgery someday. It sucks whenever I have to take out my contacts because they get too dry, or whenever I'm fumbling around for my glasses the morning after because I can't see anything. :meh:

I wear contact lenses usually and glasses when I'm too lazy to put them in or when my eyes feel really tired. One of the best parts of the day is when I get home and take my contact lenses out. They get pretty dry, especially in airconditioned buildings, which is uncomfortable, but I much prefer wearing contact lenses- glasses make me feel as if I'm in a cage...
I've watched through half shut eyes the surgery procedure on YouTube, and it looks incredibly painful and uncomfortable :run: But maybe one day I'll summon up the courage (and the funds) to get it done. In any case, apparently you have to wait until your eye prescription has settled.

You girls with dry eyes should try eye drops with HA, works wonders.

Thanks!:) I had a quick search online, and found these from Boots that I might buy when I go out.

Thanks!:) I had a quick search online, and found these from Boots that I might buy when I go out.

Yeah the ingredients looks similar to what I use so you should be good :)
I should also mention I have exceptionally dry eyes as a side effect of birth control and contact lenses make it much worse, but using HA eye drops really makes it go away. Also for added bonus: you can use them under your eyes as light anti-wrinkle therapy, reduces dark circles too! Moreover, you can add few drops to an old mascara and poof you have new mascara :D some of my best lifehacks involve those miraculous little thingies :D

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah the ingredients looks similar to what I use so you should be good :)
I should also mention I have exceptionally dry eyes as a side effect of birth control and contact lenses make it much worse, but using HA eye drops really makes it go away. Also for added bonus: you can use them under your eyes as light anti-wrinkle therapy, reduces dark circles too! Moreover, you can add few drops to an old mascara and poof you have new mascara :D some of my best lifehacks involve those miraculous little thingies :D
I've been using them for two days now, and they've helped so much with my eyes! I'm so pleased :grin: The effects are much more long lasting than those of other eye drops that I've used before and I'll definitely try out the tricks you've mentioned)) thank youuu

i mostly wear glasses because contacts irritate my eyes...my eyes are ultra sensitive, even mascara irritate them :nopity:
i'm just so glad that hipsters have made glasses somewhat "cool" now. at least not loser-ish as it was before the surge of the hipster glasses

I get migraines a lot so I was told I should wear reading glasses to see if it's related to eye strain. I don't know that it helps, but I love wearing them! I feel a little silly since I don't actually *need* them, but they do make it easier to look at the computer for a long time and such. I have black thick frames and a pair of light blue ones for a bit of a more fun look. But I especially like the black frames, since my brother has worn similar ones for a long time since his eyes are bad, and I've always loved them, and I think they work for our faces. The brand of mine is McCormick!

Reactions: 1 user
I wear contacts, and sometimes (okay lets be honest, most of the time) I'm stupid and fail at closing my contact case tightly, so in the morning the solution will condense and dry out (or something like that, idk what really happens) and i'll attempt to put my contacts in anyways because I'm an idiot, and let me just tell you that after putting my contacts in, my eyes feel like a dolphin in a volcano. It burnt so fricken bad, almost like putting salt water in your eyes. So, to anyone out there who's as stupid as me, which I doubt anyone is, always screw your contact case up tightly before you go to bed, it can save your peepers from looking like this:
mqdefault.jpg

I wear contacts! I started wearing glasses pretty young (around 7 y/o?) and waaaaaay before they were cool xP. So it took me a while to see anything in the hipster glasses trend...

Had LASIK with intralase a while back and love love love it! Just wonderful to have perfect vision - the process was scary, but so worth it. :D
Ahh how's your night vision? I'm considering LASIK but want to wait until my prescription is 100% stable :)

I wear contacts! I started wearing glasses pretty young (around 7 y/o?) and waaaaaay before they were cool xP. So it took me a while to see anything in the hipster glasses trend...

Ahh how's your night vision? I'm considering LASIK but want to wait until my prescription is 100% stable :)

I have starbursts around bright points of light, like streetlights, but it's not enough to be annoying (even though I'm absolutely the sort who would find something like that annoying!). I do a lot of driving between the hospital & clinic I rotate between and at all hours, and have never found it a problem. Definitely wait a couple of yearrs beyond prescription stability though, no point going through that risk and expense twice, and by then technology may have advanced further and become cheaper! :D

I get migraines when i wear glasses and i have red eyes when i wear contacts:headbang:
So i wear glasses when i really need then. Not on daily basis

I get migraines when i wear glasses and i have red eyes when i wear contacts:headbang:
So i wear glasses when i really need then. Not on daily basis

Do you have astigmatism or some other issue that glasses cannot adequately correct for? Eye strain should not really occur with prescribed glasses. Easing into them with progressively lengthening sessions helps when glasses are new, but migraines for glasses you've had a while is unusual, you poor bugger! :(