Baby Food Diet – Day 3
September 27th, 2010
Posted by Skinny Gurl
So my third day of the baby food diet was on Thursday (9/23). I originally was planning on doing it just for two days, however I decided to do it for one more since things were going better than I had expected.
I’m very happy I tried the baby food diet and was pretty psyched at my results. My starting weight on the first day was 104.5 and my ending weight the morning after day 3 was 100.5 – for a weight loss total of 4lbs! I learned a lot by trying the baby food diet and now I’m working on coming up with my own plan for us to try in the next few weeks. Stay tuned for details on the rules for the diet and the start date!
Here is my food journal for Day 3:
Here is some more of the food I tried:
- Beech Nut Steam Cooked Mini Meals – Chicken Vegetable Stars
- This was ok, not the best and not the worst baby food. As with the other baby food, this was kind of bland so I gave it some help. I made it edible by adding about a 1/2 Tbsp of onion powder and some salt. I prefer these types of meals to the pureed mush that most baby food is.
- Earth’s Best Organic Veggie Blends – Carrot Tomato
- This wasn’t very yummy at all. I like carrots and tomatoes and was thinking it would taste like a strong tomato soup with a carrot taste, but I was wrong. This just wasn’t my thing.
- Earth’s Best Organic Whole Grain Oatmeal Cereal
- I tried this a few weeks before I started the trial of the baby food diet. I didn’t like it at all. I don’t eat oatmeal on a regular basis – only every once in a great while – so maybe that is part of the reason this wasn’t my thing. It was so bland in taste and the consistency was horrible. I made it warm and didn’t like it, so I added some cinnamon and maple extract, put it in the fridge and waited until it was cold – it was still icky.